Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Because I cannot seem to conquer lace....

I am crocheting a shawl. I love the colors of the Claudia handpaint linen. Summer summer summer. I know, can't I just be content with spring right now?

It was inspired by a Sweat Pea Shawl from the Happy Hooker Stitch n'Bitch Crochet book.
I am not making it a triangle shape. I am not really even making anything close to that pattern. This is a breakthrough for me.

For some reason, with only one live stitch, I see the pattern coming alive before me. I don't need to write row repeats down or count. I tried at least 5 lace knit patterns before I tossed and turned and the light came on: I could crochet a summer shawl with this yarn.

The ergonomically correct F hook is okay. My wrist hurts from all the work I did last night, and I do not usually get wrist pain when I knit. The yarn is well, splitty. It hides well with crochet but I wouldn't want to knit with this yarn. The yarn is not soft yet, but Lynnette at 3 Bags says it washes up soft.

So that is what I am up to right now. I think I have to plow ahead with this shawl before I start something else.........but
I miss knitting.....

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful, Kathy. Love the colors!!!

Karen said...

It looks very light and airy. The colors are beautiful!

monica said...

Very, very, pretty. I love the colors and the emerging pattern. There is definitely a lot more wrist action in crocheting, don't forget to rest every now and then.

Allison said...

It is so pretty mom! I am jealous of your crochet ability. As for the wrist pain, you are half done and speeding along. You should be done just in time for the yarn sale at Three Bags!

Katherine said...

The colors are so beautiful--like watercolors. I think you are brave to tackle lace in either crochet or knit!

Blog Archive