Side Tracked.....

 This is a FIXIE, or a fixed gear bike. Someone rides it to work at our Target.  I LOVE this bike. I LOVE its Paint job. It's an old HUFFY.  You don't really need many gears to ride the flats here in Chicagoland....
and I think it is the cutest bike I've ever seen.  
(I've seen a lot of bikes due to Fireman's cycling life)
Sock Yarn Studio caught my eye at the library the other day.  I will be knitting some of the patterns in this book.  I think I'll make the Alexander Street Hat and the fair isle Kitten Mittens from this book......

When you gave me permission to rest the blanket knit for a bit, Zach asked me to copy a Free rides legend Jeremy Jones Beanie. 
With friend Karen's help I came very close to a copy. 
It is a simple ribbed hat with a few opposing rows of purling in another color.  
We are expecting snow, so I know Zach will wear it well.
His friends from Mexico are coming for dinner and sledding this weekend.  They have never seen snow.....

Happy Thursday, what are you knitting today?

Comments

Nancy said…
My bike has been in my garage (covered from the dust) for too long. I vow to get it out on the streets this Spring and Summer.

I'm knitting a simple vest for myself. I've never knit a garment before so I am anxious to get it off the needles.
Suburban prep said…
I have not ridden my bike in a few years. It is sitting along with my husband's in the garage. One it was way too Hot last summer. I have an issue with a leg too so if it hurts then I do not ride my bike.
As for knitting right now I have some Noro Taiyo Sock yarn and I am knitting a sweater from the Noro magazine. I also have a few scarves on some needles as some friends and family have asked for some scarves. It has been cold around here and with snow coming today scarves will come in handy.
Bridget said…
I love riding my bike!

Carol's book has some great patterns in it. I keep telling her that she should just give me a copy, but she thinks I should BUY it! Some friend, huh?? ;-)
Unknown said…
My bike is under a dusty cover in the garage too! Maybe I'll get inspired to drag it out this summer.

I still have a lace "Metaliza Scarf" on the needles. I'm on the home stretch though.
SissySees said…
I can't bike anymore. Even sitting on the recumbent bike at the gym hurts my back. Boo!

Knitting? What's that?!
Katherine said…
How odd, I am knitting sock yarn mitts. I love using sock yarn for lots of projects and with different size needles--big for a lacy shawl and small for a hat or mitts. I will look for that book!!

It has been years since I have been on a bike! I keep telling DH I think I need an adult tricycle because I don't know if I would trust myself on a bike at this stage of life!!
Judy S. said…
I've been wondering whether or not Chicago was in line for that snow storm....need to call DD!
Anonymous said…
Zach's hat looks great.

I tried a fixed gear bike one time. Thought I would DIE!!! I think I'll keep my 26-gear hybrid. LOL

What am I knitting? Socks for Steve....but, shhhhhhhh...it is a secret for his birthday.
Araignee said…
I used to have a bike just like that one when I was a kid. I never did get the hang of gears on a bike. I just want to peddle.
Knitting? Today? Hmmmm...I am ashamed to say nothing but I did take photos of some knitting I intend to start tomorrow if that makes any sense.
gMarie said…
Today I ripped the shawl I started earlier this week because I didn't like the fabric I was creating and dropped down a needle size. I do hope the baby doesn't come too soon.

Love the hat and that's a great bike! g
Celia said…
That's a very cutie bike.

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???