Starting the Wearing O the Green



My girlfriends had the Corned Beef and Cabbage at our knitogether yesterday. I'm not a fan. I can eat it, but I don't crave it. Do you? My mom always made hers in the crock pot. I like green icing on cake, however, and on cupcakes and tea breads and coffee cakes.

Grace was my secret St. Pat's swapper!! I'm sitting at the end of the rainbow, let me tell you. Just look at the size of that ball of yarn with goodies hidden inside it. I put the little Happy Feet ball next to it for comparison. I'm casting on for Irish socks today with it. I'll let you know what the leprechaun hid inside the yarn ball as I knit on.....

Finally, as a big knitting venture, I've cast on for the YarnMarket Cotton Twirl Ruffled Shawl. So far so good. I need to use a row counter but I stayed on track during all of American Idol last night.

This means I have 3 brand new WIPS. I love new WIPs.

Have you started your St. Pat's celebrating yet?

Comments

SissySees said…
Ooh, what discipline to knit from the ball and let the treats come as they may!

I love corned beef and cabbage. I don't like boiled potatoes though. At City Fire, we had cbc and mac 'n cheese pretty regularly. Ahhhh... I'm making myself hungry!

(You can have my icing. Unless it's the stuff on German chocolate cake, I'm not a fan.)
Celia said…
I love corned beef and cabbage! I can't wait to see your green socks.
You have really made me hungry for corned beef, I may have to pop out to the shops in my lunchbreak today!
That green wool looks great!!
kathy b said…
Channon

OKay! You can have the German Chocolate frosting because I don't like it....
Katherine said…
Yum, corned beef and cabbage!!! Haven't had any in a while so this is a good time. You are so disciplined to harvest trinkets as you knit along. I can't do it. I think it is because mine rattles and makes me wonder what is making the noise!
Lynneb said…
I am going to be in Chicago for my St Patrick's Day birthday! Going to the parade....I hear the river rins green!
Anonymous said…
I'm a BIG fan of cabbage. The corned beef I could take or leave.

Soda bread? A MUST!

Not celebrating yet, but soon. VERY soon.

Congrats on your win. I'm sure Grace has put some interesting things in there.
Mereknits said…
Corned beef makes me gag but your yarn is heavenly! Wow are you soooo lucky. I am loving American Idol this year and am so happy the sweet girl from Tampa got to stay on. Happy Workend.
Meredith
Grace said…
Don't especially care for CB and cabbage but if it is there I will eat it.

Now I love pastrami and of course I love Bangers and Mash, and SHephards Pie (made with beef not lamb) and Irish Soda Bread!

Glad you are having fun with your ball---hope you knit fast (oh wait, I already know what is in it)

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???