It was a dark and stormy night.....seriously, I hope all of you and your loved ones survived without a scratch last night. Here in the Chicago area, the snow was a non event. It was pretty as we drove to our family party last night. The trees were laced with it and it made the world so pretty. I am a sucker for snow beauty.


I brought a leftover yarns baby beret to give to one toddler niece and the big girl niece stole it. How could I say no? She's overjoyed with it.

All good things going on here at Irisheyes. It is the workend. I may finish the Koigu socks soon and then I can cast on anew again. Besides the socks, this week I tried and failed at another little lace pattern, but I will persevere....
and here's a little something I learned this week:

You can steep your tea bag in vodka over night....and it is supposed to be delicious
or you can steep your tea bag in rum....
Have you heard of this?
Have you ever......

Comments

SissySees said…
Looks like the hat was made for her. Joy and a pretty handknit - with a sparkly cardi! - are a good thing.

We're well. Still waiting for the clouds to part so we can walk without a slicker around my waist, but that's as bad as it gets here. We're lucky.
Beverly said…
She does indeed look happy. Actually she looks ecstatic.

I wish I was close. I'd help you whip that lace bug's behind.
Katherine said…
I'm steeping. I'm steeping!! I have never heard of the vodka or rum thing so thanks for making my day/weekend!!

Glad you are still chasing lace. Don't let it get away from you.

The hat is so cute and clearly belongs to big girl niece, especially if she is the birthday girl.
Mereknits said…
As far as the vodka or rum, no but a nice glass of red wine sounds pretty good right about now. Nothing like a lot of knit hat happiness, she is so cute. As for Lace, it is almost like a bad four letter word to me, I just can't seem to count over and over again to 4 of 5 and get it right. I think I am a bit daft that way. Hope work was enjoyable.
Hugs to you,
Meredith
Pradeepa said…
That's a lovely snow shot. Your niece indeed looks overjoyed. Thanks for your lovely comment in my blog. Have a nice day.
Minerva said…
I just found out that you can soak gummy bears in vodka. I'm not sure how this changes my life, but I was amazed to learn it.

Cute hat! It looks great on her!
Judy S. said…
Great hat! And cute model! Hope that snow goes away before our plane lands tomorrow......;
SusanB-knits said…
I have never heard of steeping tea bags in rum or vodka. I may have to try it!

Don't give up on the lace. You'll find a pattern and everything will click into place and you'll be a lace knitting fiend.
kathy b said…
GUmmy bears in alchohol.....now were talking....
Lynn said…
No but it sounds yummy!!!! I think you need to try this and report back to us pronto!
Alyssa said…
Ooohhh, I have lemon vodka that I could try this with. What's the tea to vodka ratio!? I must try it now that I'm 21!

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???