Karen will sell her knitted Olympic hat from Ravelry



Go ahead, make Karen an offer. I'll make sure she gets them. If you know someone who would love a perfectly knitted Olympic hat made out of Galway, Karen wants to know. It is from the Ravelry pattern. Karen from Musings, I think you too are knitting this masterpiece. Karen also knitting an Olympic rings hat if anyone would like to make an offer on that one. Or the pair!

Knit friends came for early morning bagels and strawberries this morning. I have more knit pictures to show you.
Cricket had a practical lesson in not jumping on guests. I chatted more than knitted. Karen also rescued me again. Seems I knit another stitich marker into the thumb part of my current fingerless. (fingerless not thumbless....) Why do I do this? I need to pay more attention to my knitting at those markers. Karen tinked it all the way back, corrected it for me and saved the stitch marker. . ( I suggested she just cut it off, but she couldn't bear to snip the wire. )

I am all excited about 50 degrees here today and perhaps a thunderstorm. The wind is out of the SOUTH. I am excited but not fooled. We'll need our fingerless gloves around here until June. I expect snowfall on St. Patricks Day. Then and only then will I take down my crocheted snowflakes from Grace. After St. Pats day. This is the worst of the year for me weatherwise. I am doing so well this year........that little trip to Florida seems to have really helped.

Does someone save your knitting when you goof? Would you like to honor them here?


I talk more in the comments!

Comments

SissySees said…
We all need knitting rescuers. The Knight re-winds my frogged messes, or anything else that becomes unsightly and frustrating to knit from...
SissySees said…
PS - Sissy would like to know if sitting upon a guest is the same thing as jumping on a guest. She wants you to know she doesn't jump up on people, but if she really lurvers them, she does want to sit as close to them as possible, which means a lap...
kathy b said…
Dear SIssy

SItting on a guest is NOT the same as jumping on a guest. Not at all. If you jump you get the person's two legs dirtied up noticeably.....that is the difference.
:)
Karen said…
Great to have a knitting friend!! And, of course, all's well that ends well!
Sue said…
My mom fixed my knitting mistakes when I was learning. Now it's up to me to make the decision- to fix or not to fix.
Marguerite said…
There's nobody to fix my knitting mistakes. That's why I use those plastic stitch markers that open up like safety pins.
Lovely hat and although I have done the same thing and had to chuckle I dont have anyone to fix my mistakes as I'm the more exsperienced knitter at my house.
I have been known to write one of my pretend friends with questions from time to time when stuck on something.Hugs Darcy
Katherine said…
There is no one nearby to save my knitting for me. (Poor baby) I have to fight with my dumb-a** errors on my own, and I usually end up cutting off the offending marker! I't not that I don't pay attention I just need better light and new glasses.

My most recent error: the Lady Bertram shawl I've been complaining about having 64 rows of stockinette before I can start the lace--I ended up knitting 68 rows and had way too many stitches OTN. This is me tinking....

Glad you are getting some better weather!
Karen said…
Yes, I did knit that hat too. And you scared me when I saw the title of this post - I thought I was going to have to sell MY beloved hat!!! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???