We Have a Winner

We have a winner!!
Number 8 in the comments per random number generator = Lyle!
Lyle Is actually Cheryl but her family named her otherwise!
Lyle/Cheryl learned of the blog through NANCY!  thanks Nancy! 
Lyle/Cheryl I'll get it out by Monday. I have to work today...
The yellowy yarn is yours. 
If you didn't win, don't worry I will have another contest soon. 

 My new bag is all about the cats….
Papersource Sale….I sent one to Al too. 
Fireman went camping early in the week. 
While he was gone I texted him that we had two new puppies in the house named Just and Kidding….
 I managed to make Rozzy a new bed this week. 
 I was buying fleece for the shelter cat cages and had some leftover.  It is a wild neon orange pink that goes with NOTHING 
in my home.  Rozzy loves it though..
 In my knit world, I"ve finished half of the Como top.
Remind me not to knit with black again soon.  True the cat hairs won't show, but I literally cannot SEE what I'm doing half the time. I have pulled back almost half as many rows as I have knit.
I better like this baby when it is finished.  I have a feeling I will.
I am a sucker for little white lights.  I decided to haul up some from the Christmas boxes and decorate the porch plant.
It became instantly more cozy on the porch.

I have to tell you that as Fireman unpacked the truck from his camping he smiled and said,
"Well, I got that out of my system"
Usually I'm right there with him to camp, to fish to kayak to hike…..
This time I took a pass.  He went with a great friend, Ray.
My tent days may be over, but my Airstream camper days are still ahead of me!!!

How about you? Happy camper?

Comments

Vera said…
Love the lights on your plant!! Yes, my tent camping days are over, but we bought a Scamp (google it to see it) earlier this year and love it. Perfect for 2 people -- extremely cozy - lol. What fun!
kathy b said…
Vera

I so want a SCAMP now~!!!!! Thanks ! !Myabe I'll call mine VERA
Katherine said…
Ooooo my patio needs lights!! All I have for Christmas are multi-color but I'm going to the hardware store today and will look for some. Your plant is so pretty!

I love all kinds of camping, tent, RV, lodge. Actually I prefer tent to cabin because the last cabin we were in a mouse scampered across my feet. We left in the middle of the night and checked in at the hotel a few miles away.
kathy b said…
OH Katherine…NO mice for me. ICK ICK ICK.
Mereknits said…
I am a happy camper especially when I am not camping. I love a good lake, canoeing, and a good hike, but I also love a bathroom, a shower and a bed.
Hugs,
Meredith
Unknown said…
Yea, Lyle...she's going to love the yarn!!!

I'm a sucker for little white lights too...and I like what you did. I think they make a room look cozy too.

Camping... been there...done that...and now I like a bathroom and a bed...my bed. But I'm really glad I did it when I enjoyed the adventure of it all.
elns said…
You've done so much on that top, even if you've had to pull back some! Wow, you're really whipping that thing up!

I am a sucker for twinkle lights, too. I love what you've done with them :)

I like campfire cooking more than camping out. Shh.
Araignee said…
I used to love camping until we moved into the woods. I don't sleep in a tent but the screaming critters in the dark keep me up all night just the same. We've had nice weather so the windows are open for a change and it's not fun. And don't even get me started on the deer. I don't have a hosta left and it's not even August.
Nancy said…
Lyle aka Lyla is excited about winning the yarn! Her new grand baby is going to be stylin' in all the knits she has planned.
Anonymous said…
Oh no no no! Roughing it is when I have to bunk at an Embassy Suites. LOL

My camping days are over!

Love Rozzy's new bed. It goes with something. It goes with HER!
SissySees said…
I used to backpack and sleep under the stars. For the past couple of decades though, I've been saying my idea of camping is staying in a hotel that lacks room service. Now... I can't even remember the last time I did that.

LOVE white lights too. Wonder what I can shove them in and around?

Congrats to Cheryl!
Caffeine Girl said…
I have started a hat in black, but abandoned it because I couldn't see a darn thing!

Love the lights.

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???