The Snow was my Fault

 


She's just a decorative leaf shawl, but I think Mother Nature thought she should send snow when she saw me.   Some of you know I've made this scarf quite a few times before.  The pattern is Spud & Chloe  Leaf :a scarf or a bookmark.  Mine have had to be wetted and blocked or the leaves don't pop out at you.  If you roll it and puff the leaf up just witth your fingers, the design is more leafish.  This will be a decorative scarf, not meant to be tied, just big enough to wear with a shirt and put around the back of your neck.  

The sun has come back. FIckle doesn't cover it. When it is out, I am definitely inspired by Spring . Signs of Spring in Wisconsin:  warblers come through, Walmart put their kayaks outside for sale, the golf course IS open for play , the sun stays out longer, Orion begins to leave the night sky, and jelly beans are a staple here.  Oh and the piers are going in on Lake Geneva.  

We do a family and friends NCAA pool yearly.  I've had good years, and then ones like this year. Out of it early.  But it makes all those games fun to watch.  Now comes, the previously dreaded week of the Masters.  

We are doing a pool for the Masters and that will help my attitude.  I've gotten better at watching golf, and sometimes simultaneously listening to podcasts.   

Today I am casting on for a shawl that I am building from other parts of other shawls.  The bind off will be its main feature, so the body can be super simple.  

Did I tell you that I'm stepping down as moderator of the On This Leg sock initiativve?  We sent a large collection to them.  There was another moderator and she was putting all kinds of fun contests together to get more socks.  The needs of our Amputee Group here in Wisconsin have been met.  I never considered this long term.  But tthe other moderator wants to keep up and donate socks to another amputee group.  She will be just fine on her own.  I've been too  busy to really keep the group organized and their questions answered, but Gigi, is terrific at it.  I saw on her profile she had lead a Christain group for 10 years, so she must be a natural leader .  I'm much better at stepping down at this time in my life.  Therre is always someone, just dying to take over.  We met our goals.  

Have you stepped down from anything lately/

Comments

Dee said…
I can't think of anything "real" I've stepped down from lately, but I've cut way, WAY back on social media. It just doesn't seem like a fun place to be much anymore.

Facebook in particular really seems to bring out the mean-spirit in people.
kathy b said…
I agree Facebook is crazy . I still tell people
People not to message me there. But Zach's friends in Mexico need to communicate by message so
I keep it for them.
Araignee said…
Mother Nature has been really fickle this spring here too. Just when everything was in bloom she decided to get all arctic on us. When the sun comes out it's too windy to do anything outside. Oh, well...we're still prisoners of the mange mites so it's just as well to be inside looking out.
I haven't stepped down from anything lately because I haven't stepped up in ages. The pandemic sure took the wind out of sails. It's been a daily struggle to find my bearings.
karen said…
I used to teach CCD for 13 years and I stepped down because it was stressful and my kids were out of the program. It was NOT easy to disentangle myself because there are few people willing to volunteer their time anymore. But I did it and it was a good decision.
Vera said…
Can't think of anything I've stepped down from lately. I do like the green yarn you used for your scarf - very pretty. Our weather has been ALL over the place!
Nance said…
We awoke to snow yesterday morning. It was a real downer.

Last week, I pulled back from everything due to migraine. This weather being so changeable has me in a terrible cycle. I have to practice self care or I'll be no good at all.

Sometimes, if we step away, there is a person who has been waiting to step forward.
Tired Teacher 2 said…
I’ve stepped away from groups that I weren’t very welcoming, and haven’t missed them I stepped away from my physical church during the pandemic and found a fabulous online service that I continue to “attend” and enjoy.
KSD said…
We're having the kind of weather here that makes it necessary to hit the heat just a touch early in the mornings. Then the days turn kind of lovely.

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???