Spring Holidays

 We found the tiniest ham in Wisconsin.  Just Fireman and I for Easter so asparagus. Shredded potatoes, and the teeny ham for dinner.   We are very concerned about Covid despite double vaccinated and 2 boosters.  I am afraid people are just weary of masking and distancing and the numbers will soar again.   I don't know when we will relax a bit. I can hope for warmer weather soon and we wi!l feel safe being outdoors.   


I got a text from the local wildlife rescue. They needed a volunteer to pick up baitfish for the heron  and other birds that are back and getting injured.  It is a simple job and the fish hatchery and the wildlife sanctuary appreciate  it..

I miss the barn but I may have other roles at the sanctuary. I cannot go back to the barn for many reasons.  I am frightened to be around horses now.


I will have lots of time to knit this cold weekend.  I linked back Many rows but am back on track again. This time I look at each row after its finished to be sure I haven't made any mistakes.  I need to finish by early May.


How are you celebrating Easter Passover or other Spring holidays.  ?   I wish you joy and family be they near or far!







Comments

Tired Teacher 2 said…
Having a quiet Easter weekend. I didn’t travel to Denver to stay with my sister. The weather is cold and dreary, so I’ll be staying inside and listening to audiobooks. Wishing you and Fireman a blessed holiday.
Happy Easter. A quiet Easter for us too. Dave's grandma is in the hospital again and COVID is running rampant around here. I've got a roast to pop in the slow cooker tomorrow, and some sticky toffee pudding for dessert!
kathy b said…
We11, Nancy I'm thinking of you. Best to stay home with a11 the wi1d weather.
And Va1, Im so sorry David's gran is in with COVID again. Sticky toffee pudding sounds yummy.
We have a pie shop in town. We have a sma11 cherry pie, Fireman's favorite for dessert.
Covid is running rampant here too. Again .
We11, I know Fireman and I are not a1one. I can knit and re1ax on Easter. I have so much to be thankfu1 for on this Easter
Dee said…
We are having a very similar supper to yours. Steve bought a ham slice to either grill (if it is nice out) or do in the oven. We'll have au gratin potatoes and roasted asparagus. I haven't
decided what to do about bread .......maybe muffins. Maybe not.

Hope you and fireman have a wonderful Easter.
Araignee said…
No plans for us this year either. The only thing I am looking forward to is watching Easter Parade at 8 on TCM.
KSD said…
Quiet, quiet Easter here. Since Dale died, and the children aged out of egg hunts, we've not done anything particularly special. I've been watching sports most of the day.
Nance said…
Rick and I went to the lakehouse and were joined by just Jared and Sam (and Zydrunas). I made finger foods and bought a cake and pie at the bakery. It was terribly cold and windy, so we all just stayed in and enjoyed the view and each other's company. Very low key.

I feel worn out by this slow start to Spring--all the up and down weather and persistence of wintry temperatures. It's hard to hang in there. We are getting snow again today and tomorrow. I'm so over it.

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???