Just a few more days of gloom.

 The weather folk said yesterday, we had 10 days in a row without sun. It is supposed to snow today.  Somehow the weather is supposed to improve Monday.  Im sorry to complain about it,  again and again.  This wintery weather is not giving up.  It is getting to me . I love a warm to hot, sunny day.  I love hot nights with the windows open.  I loved the screened porch all bug-less and steamy.  

I know that many of us here are just so sick of this pasty sky and cold snow.  Sometimes I think of moving to a place with a shorter winter.  Today I may close the blinds again.  I could start a fire in the fireplace and try to enjoy being in. 

Very late last night I finished my simple shawl.  It was knitted up in Cloudborn fibers, Limited edition Alpaca worsted.  I made my last shawl in this soft alpaca in brown.  I am blocking the shaawl to see if it will stretch a bit.  I finished with a picot edging, It measured 36 wing span, and 12 inches deep.  So not too big .. I"m hoping it stretches a bit as it blocks.  

My blocking consists of wetting the garment and then lying it out on a big towel in the shape I want it to attain.  This alpaca is so light, I think it will dry overnight).  This one's a gift. 

So here she is not done blocking yet:  




Maybe I should find a crazy colored skien to make my next shawl.  On the other hand, the shawl will be easy to wear with patterns or solids on a chilly day.  I said it was soft didnt I?  It is so soft.  


Im grateful baseball is back and my Cubs won their first game yesterday.  We had to listen on the radio and also watch the Masters at the same time..


Do you have a favorite simple shawl? 

Comments

Vera said…
Nice shawl and glad to see the "L" working!! Gorgeous day here after several days of chilly rain.
Araignee said…
Thank goodness for The Masters. It's keeping The Mister out of my hair for a few hours every day.
My favorite simple shawl is the Pimpeliesse. I've made many of them because it looks great in crazy colored yarn.
Dee said…
Hitchhiker or Close To You are my favorites.
Nance said…
I highly recommend a Happy Light. Mine helps me so much with my Seasonal Affective Disorder. There are many good ones available on Amazon.

We're having a return to grey and gloom here, too, with wintry mix precip and nothing but clouds and cold. I understand; I really and truly do.
Tired Teacher 2 said…
I like the Utilitarian Faroese shawl for something to wear around the house. It stays on my shoulders easily and takes the chill off.
Judy S. said…
Nice shawl! We are supposed to have snow here tomorrow, sigh. And just the other day we had temps in the seventies. Go figure.

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???