In Which I Talk About Mistakes

 




It is warm out! Finally.  Fireman took my knit photos for me, and I'm thankful.
Selfies for my  Knitting aren''t as nice as a real photo. 

This little shawlette/scarf  was knitted in 

the alpaca wool I've been raving about. 

It did NOT increase in size when blocked.  What it did do, is show a few mistakes made along the way. 
Allison and I were chatting and she agreed that no one will notice it when its being worn. 
The picot bind off was cast on 2, bind off 8, so you get picots farther spaced apart, and, 
the process goes much faster. 
Nonetheless, I hate a mistake in knitting.  
I won't give anything away if it is imperfect. 

But I do think anyone who wore this picot edge sahawlette which increased  every other row,
would love it .  So I won't be without mistakes.  I'm much more mistake prone with garter, but I refuse to purl again this week.   

Any mistakes lately?   




Comments

Araignee said…
Lovely shawl! I love a picot edge even though they are a pain.
Between Covid and now this mangy mess keeping me in isolation I've had way too much time to think about how pretty much everything in my life has been one big mistake...lol.
karen said…
beautiful photos, beautiful SUN and beautiful smiling you!!!
Mistakes are all part of the process. Just roll with it!
I got out and enjoyed the sun yesterday too!
Judy S. said…
Great to see you modeling that pretty shawl. Our quilt group used to say, "If you can't see in from 50 yards on a galloping horse, it's fine." Your mistakes sure aren't apparent, but I know that mistakes are irritating though. Sometimes a smaller shawl is just perfect, especially in the summer. Hugs from the PNW!
Nance said…
I'm surprised your wool shawl didn't block larger. Perhaps you needed to pin it out.

Anyway, I agree with all the other commenters about Mistakes. For me, the Process is the most important part.

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???