Fast Finish

 


A: The babushka way



B: The other way.  The neck warmer way. 


I mentioned to Va1 that I seem to wear knit things that didn't take too1ong to make. I don't dare put on a de1icate  shaw1 to wear around the house.  When I meet someone who gifted me a crochet or knit item, I try to wear it.  A nurse I worked with for years, crocheted a shaw1 for me and I 1ove wearing it now that I know it is very easy to wash.  

I started a shaw1 1ast night.  During the c1osing ceremonies.  It is a 2 row repeat.  I know I' wi11 1ove knitting it.  I just have to find the right yarn.  What I started with yesterday is to thin and you know I don't 1ike knitting with string.  

To you who are wintered weary as am I, stay with it.  It is tough.  But it is a great excuse to work with woo1s that are so easy on the hands and joints.  We had Sunshine yesterday and crazy winds.  However, I sat on the porch with the protected windows for over an hour.   No winds there and it was a promise.  A promise that more nice days are coming.   They better be.  

Thanks for permission to vent.  Thanks for sharing you're ready to have sunny skies.  Sometimes I think it is on1y me.  I do take a 1ot from your wisdom ,my  friends

Comments

Tired Teacher 2 said…
The cowl looks super worn either way. Arctic air is headed my way and predicted to hang around all week with sub zero temperatures. It will be a good week to stay inside and knit, read and sew.
Araignee said…
That's a real beauty! I keep meaning to knit myself another cowl. The Mister ended up wearing mine yesterday it was so cold and windy. I had to just pull up my hood. It's so much warmer down in our hole than it is near the water and he never dresses right when we go out. I should have let him freeze but he looked so pitiful. I keep a bag in the car of knitted things for me. I'm going to have to add some stuff for him and Pup. She wasn't dressed right either. It was really cold.
Judy S. said…
Nice work on the cowl! We had sunshine today, but it was cold for us and supposed to be in the twenties tomorrow. For us (and our plants) that's cold! Hope to get the socks in the mail tomorrow. Forgot that today was a holiday!
It looks fabulous both ways!
Nance said…
Nicely done. We've had a glorious day of sunshine yesterday and almost hit 60. I took a nice long (safe!) walk, and it felt great. Today is already full of rain, but at least that means the snowpack will be mostly gone. Just in time for more later in the week. Grrrr. This winter is the worst. Like you, I keep trying to get my spirits up.
karen said…
fast finishes are sometimes the best! That looks fantastic and warm!

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???