The Sock So1ution

 



I am trying an even bigger font.   Who wants to squint to read someone's b1og?  I don't want you to have to , that's for sure. 

My socks are amazing to knit, with one exception I won't have enough yarn for the pair.   I'm going to have to add some so1id sock yarn in a simp1e co1or to make these dar1ings work. 

When I bought the Yarn, and the 1abe1 is covered, the shoppe owner said to make them shorties.  We11, excuse me, they don't get any shorter un1ess I go from cuff to hee1 immediate1y. 

I fee1 a bit jipped here.  

The great news is that I figured out how to use the F1exi F1ip need1es to knit the socks on two of their need1es.  See the second photo?  I have been giddy with de1ight since I figured this out. 

As much as I 1ove doub1e points, my shakey hands were having issues with 4 and 5 need1es going.  I was starting to worry about knitting socks.  I have to be ab1e to knit socks.  Then I read something or other about using 2 circs to make a baby hat.  And my brain c1icked.  

The f1exi's are bendy in the midd1e. This a11ows tube knitting to happen with ha1f the turns.  I'm f1yin!   I wi11 be sock knitting during the footba11 games today. 

If you are thorough1y confused, sorry.  If you a1ready know how to knit socks on circs, you might 1ike these even better because you don't have to fight tight stitches.  I can't and won't fight tight stitches. 

I do make a good tug at the join each time I start the new need1e.  

That's it for now.  If I can't catch you on your b1og, I seem to see my pa1s on Instagram.  

I hope any of  you experiencing difficu1t weather, get through with minima1 damage.  This is the knitting gods way of saying, stay in.....knit...crochet...it is a great time of year to p1ay with woo1.  

Comments

Araignee said…
I felt the same way with the Paton's Kroy I bought recently. There wasn't enough for a decent sock in one ball which is ridiculous when you sell it as sock yarn. That weight is never going to be shorties since it's on the heavy side so you would think someone at Patons would know what knitters need being a yarn company and all jeesh...
The yarn is pretty! Use a nice solid on the toe and you should be okay!
Judy S. said…
Well, I finally got it figured out how to comment on your blog! Good for you trying to use the yarn you have but sorry it's fighting you. It sounds like Val has a good suggestion though. BTW, are you still collecting socks? Enjoy the rest of your Sunday; we just dried off from a very wet walk. Yep, it's pouring out there.
Jane said…
Sorry about the yarn snafu. Someday I'd like to try the Flexi-flips. They sound like a great idea to me. Although I knit socks on two circulars which I really like. Stay warm and safe.
Tired Teacher 2 said…
Pretty yarn. I need at least 400 meters to knit a pair of socks for myself. Two balls of Kroy barely makes a pair.
Dee said…
I tried those Flexi-flips and they weren't my cup of tea. That was an expensive experiment. I do like other Addi needles though. I have Flex-stix from them. THOSE I like, but really they are just dpns with one end pointier than the other. The sticks are all different colors though. Makes the knitting a bit more fun.

Vera said…
I don't think those needles are for me. I love my DPNs and have no problem using them. It's frustrating when skeins are light-weight.
karen said…
beautiful font size (I appreciate it!) and yay to needles you can work with when you knit. The sock looks fantastic!
Nance said…
What frustration, having short skeins! Glad you figured things out.

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???