No Knitting to Show For it BUT.....

 


Peanut Butter Treats Remixed


We appreciate PB2.  PB2 is a powdered peanut butter that has 80% of the fat extracted from it.  

I turned a rare treat into a frequent snack. 


This is how we do it!


Make 3 cups of PB2 Powder and mix with 2 1/2 cups water. 

You may have to add more powder if you want a stiff peanut butter. 

You can a1so mix regu1ar fat peanut butter with PB2 to get a stiffer treat . (but you are adding FAT in a big way if you use origina1 PB with 16grams of fat in comparison) 

Add raisins to taste. 

Add a cup of uncooked quick oats. 

Other things you can add, which increase fat content, are choco1ate chips, sunf1ower seeds, coconut, or chopped tiny banana chips.   The banana chips are much 1ower in fat, but add ca1ories 1ike the rest.  

Add powdered sugar , about 1/2 cup to the mixture. 

Mix we11 by hand. 

Ro11 into quarter sized pieces. 

Dip them in additiona1 powdered sugar. 

Freeze or refrigerate. 


We find these great for taking on hikes, or trips or snacks. 

By e1iminating so much fat, it is a 1esser evi1! 


Try them.  I hope you 1ike them! 

Comments

Tired Teacher 2 said…
I discovered PB2 a few years ago and love it for a quick snack.
Araignee said…
I've never heard of powdered peanut butter before. I use a lot of soynut butter because I have an nut allergy but they do look good.
Jane said…
I've never heard of powdered peanut butter. I learned something new this evening by reading your blog.
interesting!

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???