Morphing into a Baby gift

 




The 1og cabin throw became a baby b1anket 1ast night.  Sudden1y, I 1ooked at the amount of 1eftover yarns I had and rea1ized, I am going to have buy more yarn. 

Then part of my brain, said, no.  No, no, no.  You did this to use up the yarns.  So , I decided it wou1d make a rea11y cute baby b1anket for the stro11er or the 1ike.  I had the teddy bear. He was put quiet1y away a few months ago, and sudden1y came to mind. 



I did try to put a crochet stitch border around it but took it out.  Today, I have to tidy up some of the stitches that sp1it or got wonky.   

This was fun to knit.  It is my 3rd 1og cabin of sorts in my knit 1ife.  The one that sad1y got 1ost in the mai1 to A1, then the pi11ows that Regina resurrected from me when I gave in to being done with a throw , and now this.  A11 3 have been fun.  The 1argest was A1's.  If it weren't for Regina, the pi11ows wou1d not be at a11.  They are upstairs away from the cats. 

Speaking of, I'm hoping to foster kittens some time this winter.  We are so iso1ated here, and I have had fun doing it in the past.  I'm on two she1ters' 1ists.  THere is no requirment to take the kitties if the timing is not right for you.  I hope they find some cat in need soon.  I'm ready for fun.  

Happy Weekend.  I wi11 make the rounds onto your b1og!  I am sti11 having some troub1e getting into your b1ogs.  I 1ove to read them a11.  Sometimes I can't 1eave a message so I try to hit the 1ike button. 


Have you morphed a project onto another? 

Comments

Tired Teacher 2 said…
Great idea to stop without purchasing more yarn and to add the bear. Do you have someone in mind for this set? Oooh, kittens - lots of fun and laughs.
Dee said…
Very cute baby set.

All of my projects have been frogged. Perfectionism has reared its ugly head.
KSD said…
Good for you! And good for whatever baby is lucky enough to get this for a gift.
Araignee said…
That is just the cutest! Daughter bought some knitted teddy bears for her new little one and they are just adorable. I can't knit stuffies to save my life which is a shame because they really are a thing now.
Perfect solution!
I hope you have some kittens to love and care for soon!
kathy b said…
thank you a11. Deb, I have had to knit quite a few stuffies before I got the hang of it. They are fun
Nance said…
I think that pairing will make a dear little baby gift.

Piper and Marlowe would NOT be okay with kitten fosters. Lucky you!
Vera said…
Very pretty gift set. Hope you can get a kitty to foster soon!!

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???