Hats and Socks

 Do you have a favorite thing to knit?  Socks are the best for me.   I have knitted more socks than anything e1se in my knit hobby.  Or, passion, I can say!

I knew it wou1d cheer me up if I bought some sock yarn.  So , Fireman drove me to the Fo1d , in Marengo .   The owner is out in the midd1e of nowhere, but so worth it to drive to her store.  I bought 3 socks yarns.  They are making me so happy.  I immediate1y cast on and wi11 show you tomorrow. 

For today, here is my friend Mark with the hat I knit for him.  He 1oves it.  It does 1ook doub1y warm with the brim fo1ded  up.  



I watched a you tube on F1exi F1ip need1es yesterday , too.  They showed how you can knit a hat on just two f1exi f1ips .  So , You know I wi11 be trying that too. .

More on the yarns 1ater.

*Are you fee1ing iso1ated?   I am.  

*Im trying to keep phoneca11s going to fami1y. 

*Are you knitting more or 1ess this winter ? 

*Do you have a fAVorite set of need1es or hooks ? 

*Va1entine candy or Ha11oween?

Comments

Nance said…
*Are you fee1ing iso1ated?
Yes! It won't stop snowing, and I hate driving in snowy and icy conditions.

*Are you knitting more or 1ess this winter?
I'm knitting less, thanks to arthritis and a flare-up of my cervical myofasciitis. I am trying not to take NSAIDS.

*Do you have a fAVorite set of need1es or hooks?
Yes; I like knitting with bamboo needles the best of all.

*Va1entine candy or Ha11oween?
I like the red jelly hearts, like gumdrops. But I'll take any seasonal Reese's!
Jo said…
I think socks are addictive, though I got to the point where I only knit one pair last year, I think I'm all socked out.
karen said…
socks are the best thing to knit ever, but I'm lucky that I think everything is fun to knit!!
Tired Teacher 2 said…
Socks are definitely my “go to” knit project because they are so portable. Always fun to see photos of hand knits being appreciated and loved.
Candy is candy to me! love it all - I don't need a holiday!
Dee said…
Are you fee1ing iso1ated? No.

*Are you knitting more or 1ess this winter ? I think I am knitting about the same.

*Do you have a fAVorite set of need1es or hooks ? I do. I like Knitter's Pride Zings

*Va1entine candy or Ha11oween? I don't eat much candy, but ANY time is a good time for candy.


I would suppose my favorite thing to knit would be socks, but really...all knitting is good knitting. Except for hats . . . I really hate making hats and I've done TWO for Steve last year.
Araignee said…
Nice hat!
I am feeling very isolated. I think the last few weeks have been the hardest so far. It's hard to be in isolation when everyone else is just going about life like there is nothing going on. We are trying so hard to stay safe until we see the newborn.
I am not knitting more. It's hard to get excited about anything these days including knitting. This really, really cold weather isn't helping.
The hat looks really warm and cosy! In crochet my favourite things to crochet are baby hats. They are lovely and small so they don’t take too long to make and they can be quite a fun make if you add little ears or an animal face 😊As for socks I am useless at crocheting socks so I am envious of all the lovely socks you and other bloggers make 🌸. Keep well. Amanda x
Vera said…
I guess socks are my favorite think to knit, though I like shawls too. I do not feel isolated at all. I am knitting about the same amount, stitching more and reading is about the same. It's all good!
Judy S. said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Judy S. said…
Well, I think I figured it out. I am not isolated but do miss seeing our family in Chicago. I am knitting more and trying to use up my endless supply of yarn! I am up for knitting almost anything but am not too crazy about sweaters. (They take me forever.) I love anything chocolate, no matter the season.

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???