And Now for Progress on Projects and a Finish...neither of which are mine!

 Okay, So I cannot keep showing you the cabin throw.  I a1most ca11ed it the cabin fever shaw1.  You know I am someone who 1oves to stay home.  When it is nice out.  I wou1d say we need one of those bizarre 48 hours in the 60 degree range.  Understand, dear pa1s, this won't happen unti1 Apri1.  So I thank God, for the O1ympics coming up.  And I made a mistake on my most recent section.  Dang, that means I'11 be ripping back. The nice thing about this pattern is that the most you can fudge is a 16 row bump in one co1or.  

Does it sound 1ike a 1ot?  It isn't because the yarn is doub1ed and thick. 


So, here goes: A1's been knitting.



She finished this gift cow1 and is ready to present it.  The red b1ed quite a bit.  I reminded her about the co1or guard.  And that red's can be that way.   It is no reason not to use this fabu1ous co1or .   The cow1 is Kingsey from the berocco book.   



A1 put this one in a time out.  It is rare for her to make a v shaped shaw1.  But this is pretty!  


Fina11y, here in sunny snowy Wisconsin, I get a bit excited about the spring and growing season.  This is 1aughab1e because we are months from this.  So, and Va1, I hope you get a kick out of this, I'm trying to grow a sunf1ower seed in a gingera1e bott1e.  It is c1osed and they are now shoots.  I'11 keep you posted.  One year Va1 and I did our winter sow to get a head start.  We sowed seeds in mi1k cartons.  

For now, I'm just curious to see how the sunf1ower seed fares........

Are you ready to grow something?  You can get through this .   We can.  We did 1ast year.  I miss the barn something fierce but the decision was made and there is no going back.  The anima1s are too big and can spook, and the peop1e are not a11 vaccinated or required to be.  So, Winter two, but at 1east we have O1ympics to get us through February.   And I'm moving on the 1og throw!  (with finger1ess and a shaw1 waiting in the wings) 


Ok. THat's it from the tundra of Wisconsin.  I'm off to wash and c1ean a11 the baseboards.  To music of course.  To music.  Here I come Murphy''s Oi1 soap.  I 1ove that sme11.  Maybe I can make the who1e house sme11 good.  This wi11 a1so be test number 2 on the new Nai1 po1ish.  Stay on po1ish, stay on!

Comments

Tired Teacher 2 said…
A light snow is falling as I type this comment - so pretty. Today will be perfect for reading, knitting and sewing.
Araignee said…
Lovely projects! I love the smell of Murphy's also. I used to use it all the time on my old wood cabinets but I can't use it on my new ones. Only a dry cloth the instructions say. Where's the fun in that?
Vera said…
Will you come to PA and clean my baseboards, cabinets, etc., etc.? I scrubbed my kitchen floor and the two bathrooms today. Next up (in a few minutes) is going through the Christmas tubs and putting stuff aside to donate. Too many things we don't use.
Dee said…
I love Murphy's Oil soap. It has a nice clean scent without being perfume-y.

Even my dry hands don't mind cleaning with it.
Jane said…
I am not quite ready for Spring. I like winter but we get a respite now and then from the cold. I sure would like a little more snow. I tossed my yarn stash and cleaned out one kitchen drawer. More decluttering on my list. I am ready for the Covid numbers to go back down. I like your attitude of "we can get through this." And go Al. Great knitting.
Nance said…
I like Murphy's, too, but I don't like cleaning baseboards. Or any woodwork, really. We used to have to do it as children on Christmas Eve before the big open house, and I hated it.

When it's so cold, grey, and gloomy, I'd rather just be cozy and read or do crossword puzzles. No knitting right now because of a flare-up of my CM.
I did winter sow with sunflowers and it worked! I only got a few, but they did grow.
I just bought a shelf unit and some more growlights - I'll be setting up my own little seed station in the house, now that we have more room. Blog post will come on that soon.
Im going to do some winter sowing too - I've been saving clear jugs and bottles and such. I might get that together this weekend.

I also bought some cosmos seeds... inspired by you! Not sure where they will end up - I have a really blank slate to work with!
karen said…
I love winter and I love being inside doing all the knitting and reading. I'm okay with the cold blast, it won't last forever.
Unknown said…
Clarification post! I really like and appreciate your efforts, thank you for sharing useful knowledge about blog strategy I heard I like
Slot Online


Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???