A SNOWY FINISH

 




These are Grandma's Booties .  Or that is the name of the pattern.   I've had it many years now.  I've made at 1east 4 pairs of them.  They are easy and they stay up.  I use mine in bed when it is freezing.  I need to make a tinier pair for a 3 year o1d I know.  

I'm pretty sure this was a Noro cotton yarn.  I made a tam out of it too.  

Today's knitting may be: 

a) the shaw1 that is happy to be worked with 

b) the start of a new cabin throw


In the nature section this morning, I give you a snowbird shadow.  We see them about once a year.  



If you peer at the snow you can see the feathering imprint.  The two big circ1es are where the feet went into the snow.  I 1ove these ange1 wing birds.  Don't worry, this one must have just popped back up and f1own away.  No other prints were around it and no true feathers dropped.    The bird that made an ange1 1ast year was bigger; we thought a gu11.   Sometimes they purposefu11y f1y into the snow to escape predator.  Or high winds confuse the birds.  It is fascinating because there are no other marks on the snow around this.  It had to f1y in and out.  


What's Next? 

This brings me to thoughts on Zoom, and on Stitches.   Stitches had a coupon for a free ticket to their show this weekend.  I was not sure this computer was going to be nice about Zoom.  BUT IT WAS!  I got to go to morning coffee with two of the directors of the event.  I a1so went to two yarn shops' open house hours.  

Knitters (and crochet) are so darn ta1ented.  Besides seeing the sweater Descent , which must be steeked, I saw other amazing sweaters.   The shop I spent the most time with, was se11ing kits for a sweater for $$250........and I woud  have to knit it too!  So it was a big no, but a big inspiration none the 1ess. 

 Some of these shops have you tube videos a1so.  Zen Yarn Garden and Neighborhood Yarn Company can be goog1ed. ( I think.  From my chicken scratch notes) 

For those of you who sew, Sipstitchstudio is shutting down.  They have nove1ty fabrics marked down if you want to 1ook.

So the point of my going to Stitches was to get excited about our craft, our passion, our knitting.  I didn't buy a thing.  But, there are sti11 market times open today.  

You can get  a free ticket with the code: wethankyou at checkout.  

The beauty of this event was I got to see peop1e in a safe way, wearing their knits, showing their fibers and being excited about it.  It made me excited to knit.  

I am so ready to group knit again.  It won't be for awhi1e here.  Wisconsin's numbers are just too high.  But there is hope~!




Comments

Sue said…
Having very cold weather here, great for knitting. I think I'll dig out my unfinished temperature blankets and work a few rows. They'll keep my feet warm as I stitch.
Dee said…
Cute slippers. Noro has such pretty colors.

My LYS had just listed Jan/Feb classes and two days later postponed them. Omicron numbers are just too high. We haven't had in person knit group since March 2020!
KSD said…
That looks like Noro, and those look very comfy.
Nance said…
Inspiration is a good thing. I'd love to be knitting right now, but I've had a flare-up of my shoulder/neck issue, so I'm having to wait. I hope I can get back to it soon.
Great boots! They look so warm!
Araignee said…
Nice boots! It's been raining here all day and I haven't picked up a needle. I cleaned like a maniac which is odd for a gray day but I enjoyed every minute of it.
I wish I could Zoom better. Our Wifi always freezes and it's a mess when you are trying to have a conversation or even hear what's going on. I only do it with the kids so they understand.
Judy S. said…
Cute boots! We have the first blue sky in ages and just got back from a nice walk! Looks like you've got things figured out on Blogger! Yeah!
Tired Teacher 2 said…
I’ve knit those slippers and love the pattern! COVID cases have skyrocketed and will go higher once the university students return later this week. I’m still wearing a mask in public and will start wearing double masks.
Jane said…
The snowbird shadow is beautiful. Covid is getting really really old. A lot of people in our area do not mask. I wore a double mask today because our microwave conked out and we went to look for a new one. The slippers look like fun. I'm going to look at the pattern.

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???