A Hat, Why Not?

 

Here at Winter Camp we catch ourse1ves staring out the windows.......  

It is 1ove1y 1ooking out there with a fresh 3 to 4 inches of snow.  The other day Fireman and I took a drive to the A1pine Va11ey ski hi11 and by gosh, peop1e were out there swooshing down the steep hi11s in the sunshine. 

This did not bring any desire for me to do so.   No badges are awarded for getting injured at Camp.  I did bund1e up big time yesterday and I wa1ked 2 mi1es in 18 degree sunshine.  Did it cure me ? No. . Did it make me fee1 better....Yes.  

I have a few projects on the need1es, but decided I shou1d do something e1se entire1y.  We miss our friends Mark, Mike and Mary E11en.  Mark !oved the hat I made him a year or so ago.  I found some nice woo1 1eftovers in oatmea1, green and orange, and cast on 88 stitches.  

That is my standard for a bottom up, man's size hat.  I have found I need to knit at 1east 5 inches from the start before I begin decreases, sometimes more, to make a effective snug at the cast on, roomy on top hat. 

Do you have hat trickS? 

What's keeping you "up" these co1d weeks. ? 

Im hoping for you.  Hoping a project makes you smi1e for awhi1e. 

Comments

Dee said…
Pretty color combo.

I cast on a sock and started two books...one fiction, one nonfiction.
Nance said…
It's snowing like crazy here and it will not stop. Ugh. If I didn't have to drive in it tomorrow and Tuesday, I wouldn't care. Well, not so much, anyway.

Good for you, getting out there and mushing about.

I haven't made a hat in ages. Maybe I should--it might get me back to knitting again. I do like knitting on circs.
We got some snow this morning, and the in the afternoon the sun came out and the sky was so blue, it was a beautiful winter day!
Araignee said…
It's very cold here too and I made myself go out today because I've been a big old grumpy couch potato for too long. We were supposed to be almost 40 today but we barely made 30. Ugh.
karen said…
you can never ever have too many hats! I love how quick and easy they are to knit up :)

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???