Puzzling, not an Olympic Sport....yet


Nancy showed her fantastic puzzle finish.    This 500 piece puzzle has 227 pieces In place.   Keep in mind dear readers ,We have just added puzzles to our options here at wintercamp.
Fireman and I tried a thousand piecer right after his surgery. It made us feel Inept  to say The least.

We quit.  Yup.  Packed up every piece and shelved it. So feeling very certain we could conquer a 500 piece, I rushed to buy this one. I made a very rookie mistake as this one is three D.
We are expecting inches and more inches of snow , so I will leave it up until Saturday.   
It is kept away from the felines because it is on a yoga mat we can roll up. Yoga camp is down the street folks..

below:

The mug and the yarn




This gorgeous mug was sent by high school 

Pal Eileen.   It is so light , even filled to the brim.  The amazing g Al  had to fill my heart with this gorgeous sock yarn.   It is

Uneek sock yarn in color way 69.    

Where is the photo?   I am still training myself with this format......sorry.   

I would love to show you my newest charity knit finish.   It Is a mix of purple yarn with white pink yarn 
 The green specks are my attempt at leaves.  A Great tutorial somewhere on Instagram taught me. At any rate, it is a really warm cowl .   I hope someone will like it and it keeps the Midwest icy fingers from freezing them.   

Now back to scarf knitting.  I am using hot pink bulky yarn for this one.   Camp may add a snowman cat to the posts if the next forecasts hold up.

I am going to try to end this tough year in a sweet way.....    

Want to guess how?   


 

Comments

Tired Teacher 2 said…
I’ve never tried a 3D puzzle, so I don’t have any tips for you and Fireman. Your knitting projects sound wonderful. Stay warm.
sarah said…
I love 300 piece puzzles. I found one of a yarn shop at Aldi. It was perfect for one night of puzzling.
Vera said…
I've never done a 3D puzzle either! After Nancy's post I was thinking we should drag out a puzzle - it would be fun New Year's Eve. But then I remembered Mabel...enough said!
Araignee said…
I stick to 500 piecers myself. I am expecting a new winter scene one today. The Mister and I fight over how to do a puzzle. He works my piece shapes and I am strictly working from the photo. I guess we are a good team because we get them done.
Nance said…
With two cats--and one who is a Snoopervisor Extraordinaire with a specialty in Knocking Stuff Off--a puzzle is out of the question here, period. Maybe we should try one and set it up on a card table in the office and keep the door closed?

I'll see what Rick thinks.
Sue said…
We've been doing a lot of puzzles the last couple years. Amazing how many have pieces missing and sometimes even an extra piece.
kathy b said…
ohh a 300 piece may be just the ticket!

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???