AHA moments!


Photo: Judy and I meeting on Monday. 
Just look at Judy!  She looks fantastic.
This is our 3rd meet up.  All thanks to Judy coming to my area. She says I have to go to Seattle and she's right.  

We were so in sync we gifted each other knitted items this year. I love my blue cowl, Judy.   So soft, so blue. 
I gave Judy a leaf scarf. 
Judy and Dick and Jill and I talked a variety of topics.
Thanks Judy for listening with your heart as I talked about my sweet mom. 

In new knit news:
I had carefully cast on 300 plus stitches and enjoyed the first 10 garter rows.  Then I realized I don't have enough yarn for the scarf. 
That's 3000 stitches before the DUH moment. 
I have no excuses,
I have had plenty of coffee,
I've unpacked my yarns,
I am well past the moving stress.

Never you mind, I am now hat knitting with the fabulous peruvian Alpaca yarn. 

Also, we have been back to our hometown..
(that's just weird to say) twice in the last two days.
Meetings for the shelter and a mom visit. 
So there has been an abundance of Never Ending Sock yarn blanket knitting. 
I'm not sure this is ever going to end. 
4 hours of car knitting yields about an inch on the blanket. 

I've finally figured Hughesnet out.  If I get up before 0800 I can post, search, download and the like without one slow issue. 
After 0800 I'm stuck. 
Haha Hughesnet. I win this round. 

Now I'm off to comment on your blogs before 8

Comments

Tired Teacher said…
Hmm, must be a lot of users after 8AM. . .not enough servers at Hughesnet?

Wonderful photo of you and Judy. It's such fun to meet our bloggers.
Betsy said…
That's a wonderful picture of you and Judy! Now, if you come to Seattle you have to meet up with me too. I may be on the other side of the state, but we'll work something out! Ha ha! I have ripped my sock yarn blanket out three times. I get so frustrated with it's slow progress. I think I'm going to go up a couple of needle sizes and try that. If that doesn't work I'm going to chuck the whole thing! Ha ha!
Blessings, Betsy
Vera said…
What a great photo of you and Judy! Love your cowl and love her scarf! And I'm thinking of starting a sock yarn blanket....and now wondering if I do, will it ever get finished? Oh well, the knitting will be fun and that's what matters.
Katherine said…
Both you and Judy look beautiful. I would love to meet you both. I need a lesson from Judy on weaving in ends. It is impossible to find the ends of her knitting on the dishcloths she sent for the swap. I am awful at end weaving and hope she has a magic formula.

Alpaca hat knitting is good! You are my hero because I gave up on the never ending blanket. That's it! Frog!!
Teresa Kasner said…
You and Judy look great in your new gifted scarves! Your old town must be pretty close.. I hope mom was well. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)
Anonymous said…
How fun! You both look terrific.
Araignee said…
Look at the those two gorgeous babes! That must have been so much fun.
I used to have that internet issue when Son in Law and Daughter moved in for a spell. They used up all the whateveryoucallit and I could never do anything on the computer until they were out of the house.
Judy S. said…
I love my leaf scarf, too. Thanks again. Great minds think alike, eh? We had a fun lunch, didn't we, and got back in time to meet up with my sis. In fact, she called us just as we were leaving LG and wanted to meet for lunch. Too bad you couldn't meet them, too! She and Ted ate at SIMPLE though and enjoyed it. Big hugs to you and your mom! See you again next time, I hope.
Anonymous said…
Love the picture of you and Judy! :-)

Delighted Hands said…
Hello, blog friends! Here's to early day surfing!
Mereknits said…
Both you and Judy look fantastic, I wish I had been there with both of you. I have a good shoulder to cry on as far as parent issues go, I have been through it all.
Hugs to you,
Meredith

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???