Now for some Meme fun:
1. What's the most you would pay for a skein of sock yarn?
2. What part of a pattern intimidates you?
3. What is the most delicious thing you have eaten lately?
4. If you had the grave misfortune of being in a fire, would you grab your stash or your FO's?
5. What is a big compromise in one of your relationships?
(sshhhhh you can tell us!)
6. Do you bathe your pets?
7. Have you ever been bitten by your pet?
8. How do you deal with pooling colors?
9. Have you knit a Christmas or Holiday gift for 2016?
10. Do you enjoy Monday Memes?
1. The most I would pay for a single skein of sock yarn would be 30 dollars and I'd be wincing as I paid.
I prefer to get a good 400 yards for somewhere in the 26.00 to 16.00 range.
Now I know that you get much more than a pair of gorgeous hand knit socks for that price. I know I get the pleasure of knitting them and that is worth far more.
But relatively speaking, I'd rather pay less or get it on sale.
But then again, I rarely drink and it seems the price of a beer is up to about 7 dollars when you go out. I justify my yarn as 3 beers...
2. The part of a pattern that intimidates me....
is there just one? There are lots.
However, the real put off for me right now is short rows.
I better get over it. There are so many gorgeous short row shawls......
(I short row sock heel turns....I should be able to master this)
Oh and graphs.....not into those lace charts
Amazed by all of you who love them!
3. The most delicious thing of late:
Banana pudding in Knoxville.
What's up with their banana puddings?
They are nothing like any banana pudding I've had in the Land of old Lincoln.
4. The firey question: I'd grab stash.
I'm all about looking forward in life .....perhaps this is a comment on my FOs. Hmmmmmm.
5. A big old compromise between Fireman and I is the dog thing.
Somedays I want a dog again. Fireman does not.
He's a perfectionist. Dogs take time and effort and ongoing training.
We don't do well with chewing and mouthing and poor recall and anything less than Huck's perfect behaviour.
I hear folks at the shelter all the time say
things that we would never put up with.
I really think Fireman just wants to be able to travel without a hassle.
Did I mention I'd want two dogs?
6. I bathe the cats on occasion. Today was Tank's turn.
It is a two human job. Gotta be fast.
Gotta be gentle but firm.
7. Bites. Oh my. Well yes but there were circumstances.
Huck never bit anyone.
Misha our sheltie nipped at heels.
We just thought she was high strung.
Little did we know back then that she was a herder.
Francis the puppy return, bit Zach through the skin and I disliked her from that moment on.
We have had 7 cats and only one bite.
Pie bit me hard when I bathed her once.
Not her fault at all.
When I turned the shower spray on it made a HISSSSS sound and she freaked out and bit me as I held her to bathe.
She is pretty blind, so I that one was definitely my bad.
8. How do I deal with pooling colors?
Well I just learned a technique that Fat Squirrel Amy Beth talked about. I'm going to Purl when I work on a certain color in the mix.
You let the pooling dictate the stitches....
9. I have knit gifts for 2016 Christmas.
The sock keychains and a shawl.
10. I love reading your MEME answers.