Summer Lovin' Had Me A Blast: Purse HDK bag



Don't look too closely. 
There may be a garter mistake or two, but I was all about the finish throughout this purse project. 
I may crochet an edge around the top today. 
It is not called for in the instructions but I think I may, anyhow. 
Because now that the pattern and I are pals, I feel I can take liberties with it.


I'm overjoyed with the results. 
I went to My LYS sidewalk sale looking for some yarn for this baby.
I found the perfect yarn: Classic Elite's
 Wool Bamboo. 
This is pretty remarkable because when I substitute a yarn I often get into trouble.  Irreversible mistake trouble. 
Find it in the bottom of a bag a year later trouble.
Not this time. 
 Also, It was half off.  So I paid 30 dollars for this cutie. 

I used 5 skeins to make my little summer bag purse.
You make 4 strips of garter and join them in a magical way as clever Eva Varpio lays out in her pattern. 
Ravelry shows the pattern as HDK Bag by Eva Varpio. 
I think it was a five dollar pattern. 

I Will make another. 
Next time, however, I'll crochet the body's 4 panels. 
It is faster and I won't make garter mistakes. 
Maybe I can even sew a liner inside the next one after the panels are mad.  Oh my, I"m getting cocky. 

I give this pattern an A plus.  The pattern comes with a headband pattern also and wrist warmers.   That's a bang for my five bucks. 

Have you fallen for a pattern lately?

Comments

Tired Teacher said…
Very nice, and I love the color, too.
Very cute purse/bag! Love the colour too
No new patterns for me - I'm trying to focus on what I've got on the needles already!
Judy S. said…
Nice! I seem to fall for more patterns than I can ever knit/make! (There are ALL kinds. LOL)
knitterbeader said…
Cute bag! You are very creative.
KSD said…
Fantastic! You can never have enough bags.
Unknown said…
Hey, it looks great! I think a crocheted edge on top would look very nice. Well done!!
Katherine said…
Oh yes, I went ga-ga over the Zip baby sweater! I love the bag and I love to knit with bamboo. Great job Kathy!
Anonymous said…
Looks like the perfect "beachy" bag. I love that color! Congrats on the perfect finish!

Meredith said…
I am loving that bag, the color is perfect. Garter stitch always shows flaws much to much! Love it and I hope you make another one.
Meredith
Araignee said…
I am a bag fanatic and I think that is a great one. You are right about taking liberties with the pattern. The possibilities seem endless with that clever design.
I fell in love with a lined hat pattern last winter because now I can use up all that itchy handspun on cute little hats that don't make your scalp crawl. I just need a break in this weather so I can get my knitting mojo back. Man, it's hot here.
Teresa Kasner said…
I found a few moments to visit my blogs! Yay! Love the bag and I think crochet edging will be awesome! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)
elns said…
It looks great Kathy! I think lining the individual pieces is unnecessary, but really could send it to the next level. I think you definitely got your moneys worth!
SissySees said…
Love it!! Kudos. I'm not knitting much and hurt my thumb yesterday so I can't even finish the baby blanket I'm past due (crocheting) on...

Popular posts from this blog

The nearly Thousandth post Contest

Talk to you in the comments Contest

Cookie Sheet Blanket Contest .....