Double Post DAY: Carole's Ten on Tuesday



I just had to join Carole's Ten on Tuesday prompt. 

Ten Things I'm Happy About RIGHT Now:

*I'm happy to be knitting socks again.
Side by side socks. 

*Im happy I learned how to read magazines on the hand me down NOOK my daughter sent to me.  
I have almost all of REAL SIMPLE 2014 to catch up on.

*I'm happy I stopped reading David Sedaris' book, 
Let's Explore Diabetes with Owls. 
I liked the first few chapters. 
The next few, not so much. 

*I'm happy to have my own shawl that was given me upon retiring from nursing.  It is perfect for this drafty old house today. 

*I'm happy to drinking a little Coca cola this afternoon.
I love soda.  I limit my intake. 

*I'm happy the TV is off for a bit. 
Fireman is reading instead. 
A Civil War book. 

*I'm happy to join Carole's prompt. 

*I'm happy The dental receptionist didn't scold me for how long its been since I saw them.  I was ready for a scolding. 

*I'm happy that my neighbor gave me a great big wicker basket for my family room.   It is big enough to hold 3 afghans. 

and finally,

*I'm happy that Alex Trebek  is leaving JEOPARDY.
 I find him pompous.  But I love the writers of the questions. 

Comments

Nancy said…
Since I don't have cable TV anymore, you surprised me with the last tidbit about Jeopardy.
elns said…
Wow, I don't know if we can be friends anymore. Alex T and my family go way back ;) I'm just kidding. I love your 10 on Tuesday posts and seeing what is moving in the Kathy B. brain. I think it's time for me to finish some book, one book and pick up a pair of socks. xoxo
Pammy Sue said…
I hadn't heard that Alex Trebek is leaving Jeopardy! I think he's a pompous ass too! (Although I think you left off the ass part. Ha-ha.) I wonder how Jeopardy will be without him. Guess it depends on who his replacement will be. Sounds like you are quite happy today. Hope it continues for you. ♥
Caffeine Girl said…
And I'm happy to have you as a blog friend!
Araignee said…
I'm so happy you're happy! I've got a headache. It's been a crap day here.
knitterbeader said…
Love your 10's!! Most of really do need to sit back and be thankful for what we have, I know I'm sometimes guilty of this! I love Real Simple magazine. Our daughter subscribed to it for a gift one year, but it ran out and so I "re-subscribed" just a few weeks ago (they're practically giving them away - only $12 a year) and have already received my first issue and read it cover-to-cover.
Katherine said…
I like Real Simple too. I also read AllRecipes every month. Love those home-y, cook-y, clean-y magazines.

Alex is leaving Jeopardy? Did the world just stop turning?
Meredith said…
I find Alex a bit weary, although I think my Mother had a big crush on him. Have a great day.
Hugs,
Meredith
Anonymous said…
I totally agree with you about Alex Trebek. Of course it's EASY when you have all the answers right in front of you. I will be very glad when he is gone. I think it's terrible how pompous he is.
HonorĂ© said…
Hi KathyB, I am happy to meet you and thanks for stopping by my blog. Love your happiness list and am curious about the "side-by-side" sock knitting…guess I'll need to look that up. Looking forward to more meeetups via Ten/Tuesday, etc. Have a great week!
Cheers~
Unknown said…
Hmmm...hadn't heard the news about Alex T. How long has he been at that post???

You asked about weaving in ends on a lace project. Usually I thread the yarn on the smallest darning needle possible and then wind it in and out of the stitches that create the edge of the garment. Then I cross my fingers.
SissySees said…
Ooooh!! I thought I was the only un-Alex-fan out there. Have they named the next host yet?!
Judy S. said…
Great list, Kath!

Popular posts from this blog

The nearly Thousandth post Contest

Talk to you in the comments Contest

Cookie Sheet Blanket Contest .....