Blankets, figs and Carols

 Val from Wandercat blog created the GOING MY WAY scarf.
I've improvised and am creating my baby blanket out of leftover sock yarns.  This is a one row repeat and I am pleased to report I can knit this!  (while watching a movie at home: the Chef) 
Thank you Val! 
(The movie is 100% darling.) 
 Unexpected little goodies are showing up during the holidays.
My friend Rem sent this Fig jam to us. 
Zach loves figs and bacon....so I just need some bacon and we can have the same effect with toast and piggy. 
My tiny light up snowman was busy a glowing last night. 


Here are some of my favorite carols:

Still Still Still

Silent Night

12 Days of Christmas

Children Go Where I Send Thee

Some Children (see Him bronzed and brown..James Taylor version)

Care to share?

Comments

SissySees said…
Sweet little snowman and pretty blanket. Reminds me that I have a scrap yarn baby blanket in limbo, somewhere...

O Holy Night is my favorite, but others include:

Sugarland's Somebody Snitched on Me
Gene Autry's whole Christmas album
Springsteen's Santa Claus is Coming to Town
I was thinking of you as I was designing it - one row, no purling... it was meant to be!
Judy S. said…
Nice work! I love O Holy Night and most of the others. Our high school choir sang Breath of Heaven last Sunday, and that's another great one.
Anonymous said…
I think I might "borrow" your idea for Val's scarf. I was wondering what to do with my leftovers.

How many stitches did you cast on?

My favorite Christmas songs ---- Mary Did You Know? and Do They Know It's Christmas.
Katherine said…
My favorite is Mary Did You Know? When I was 10 years-old I sang Still, Still, Still as a solo in Church on Christmas night. For some reason I have had It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year playing over and over in my head. I miss Andy Williams!
KSD said…
Ripple patterns are so wonderful --- usually easy to memorize and so pretty.

I have two favorites; traditional is "O, Holy NIght," and popular is "Please Come Home for Christmas."
Araignee said…
I love all the old traditional carols that invoke the images of an old English Christmas. If someone is singing about holly, I'm there. I also like a few old French gems as well, Il est Ne le Divine Enfant and Un Flambeau Jeannette Isabella are also lovely. I could listen to them all year. In fact, the only music I practice regularly on my new guitar are carols.
Nancy said…
O Holy Night, Silver Bells, and We Three Kings are some of my favorites, but I love all classic carols.
karen said…
I like anything Johnny Mathis sings :) Merry Christmas!
teabird said…
Good King Wenceslaus, because it's about blessing the poor. The Roches do the most lovely version! Also, O Come O Come Emmanuel - Loreena McKennit's version - so pure.

Merry Christmas!

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???