A Great Anniversary Gift: YARN



My dear friend and neighbor, Abby, knit this gorgeous Osaka Wrap over the last year.  The middle image shows its color best. 
It is wine colored, not bright red.  
Milt wanted a really nice gift for Abby on their summer anniversary last year.  He was tired of giving her jewelry…
so I suggested cashmere yarn! 

Abby knitted this beauty up on and off over the last year. 
It is a Shibui pattern, in Schulane cashmere fino.
It is so soft. 
So elegant. 

It is a two piece garment: 

The schematics were a bit hard to understand.
Once Martha at ThreeBagsFull did the finishing, we understood it. 

Well done Abby!  
She looks great in it, and I know it will be a meaningful garment for her to wear for many years. 

If any husband needs an anniversary hint…send them over!
I'll suggest amazing yarn as something to remember for many happy years to come. 



Comments

Anonymous said…
Yarn is the perfect gift for ANY occasion. Abby put hers to very good use.
Araignee said…
What a perfect design for us ladies of a certain age who need to be warm in some parts and not in others.
Mereknits said…
That is one gorgeous sweater, really it is stunning and makes me want to run out and get that pattern and get busy.
Hugs,
Meredith
Nancy said…
It's beautiful and looks fabulous on Abby.
Katherine said…
Such a beautiful sweater--and cashmere!! I will definitely tell DH that Kathyb knows what I want!
I would not trust my guy to get the right thing - but a gift certificate would do!
Teresa Kasner said…
That sweater is absolutely fabulous! I know she will wear this with great pride.
((hugs)), Teresa :-)
SissySees said…
Stunning - the FO, the knitter/owner and the sentiment! But I'm not sure you could convince the Knight to buy me yarn.

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???