Summer School

Someone I know, named Al, decided to take Summer school.  Al is taking the Knitting Guild Associations' Master Knitting Program.  I know she can get her certification.   Won't it be fun to hear about the process along the way?  One of the requirements is to write about the importance of blocking. Since we never block, we bring our knits to the cleaners for blocking, this ought to be interesting! 

I'm in Love with Hampstead, Lorna's Laces new color way.
The Trap pattern lends itself to crazy mixed color yarns that would normally pool and create havoc, yet when knit with an alternate plain color simply shine.  

Trap has trapped me and I couldn't be happier about it. 

Below, the rose, hosta, fern garden in a lovely light. 
There was little light last Friday night when I stayed up to watch the meteor shower.  I was just home from work and as soon as I saw one and made a wish….POOF…I was off to bed.  
So far this year I've seen the Blood Moon and the new meteor shower thanks to working until midnight.
There are a few benefits.  
I worked Memorial Day but was home in time to enjoy the thunderstorms in the evening. 

So there's the wrap: Summer school, Trap and wishing upon a star…



Comments

Unknown said…
It will be interesting to hear about the master's program! Do you also have to create your own pattern?

The yarn...what great colors! I'll be interested to see what it looks like when it's knit up.

You have witnessed some awesome events as a result of late schedules!

Anonymous said…
Good luck to Al on that endeavor. It should keep her busy learning new things.

That is quite a hosta!
Katiebee said…
It will be interesting to learn about the process~
Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world ;) I'm enjoying your blog!

~katie
elns said…
The Yarn is lovely. I love the backyard scene. I am definitely interested in hearing about the master program. Neat insight!
Mereknits said…
Al the Master Knitter, wow! I signed up for that class ages ago, there were too many swatches and I just wanted to knit. Good luck to Al, she will learn so much.
Hugs,
Meredith
Pretty yarn!
Katherine said…
Go Al!! It will be fun to hear about the program but I have to say that in my mind Al is already a master knitter. I've seen some of the things she has knitted and they were number one, tip-top, class AA!
Nancy said…
After seeing many of Al's knits, I know she will be a Knitting a Master in short order. Good Luck, Al!

knitterbeader said…
Oh what beautiful yarn. What is it to going to become? Your hostas are beautiful!!
SissySees said…
Pretty yarn. I'm quite sure Al will be a certified master knitter in no time!

I'm exhausted and ready for bed. I remember when I used to stay up late and still rise early!
Judy S. said…
That's an amazing hosta! Is it as huge as it looks in the photo? Lucky you to see all the cosmic stuff! It's been too cloudy here for them. I love Lorna's Laces!
Liz Washburn said…
I just signed up for the Master's Program, too, but haven't gotten started yet. I look forward to reading your future posts about Al's progress.
That yarn is a lovely color! Crap! You just reminded me ... I totally forgot about the meteor shower ... uugghh! I should have put a reminder in my phone or something, I don't even remember what time I went to bed.

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???