At The Bookstore….I Found








Topsy Turvey Inside Out Knit Toys



Fireman and I have a long standing habit of going to bookstores after a dinner date.  Are we exciting or what?

We go our separate ways and explore the shelves.
He can always find me at the KNIT shelf and I can always find him at TRAVEL.  

All those glossy pages of perfectly knitted and more perfectly photographed knits gets me giddy. 

I don't purchase many pattern books. 
I should. 
The knitters are not millionaires and we should support each other and our craft.  

Of all the books I saw last night, I'd be most likely to purchase
the Noro Book.   

Karen, The Toy Book made me think of you.  
It also made me think of Jennifer and Grace. 

The prayer shawl book made me think of Nancy and 
many others who like to knit for charity. 

Al, that red shrug would be gorgeous on you even though you don't like red so much.  Knit it up in black, perhaps. 

Happy Monday pretend friends.  

The End. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
I think I probably would have gone for the slipper book.

You'll find Steve by the car magazines and I'll be by the craft magazines. ;-)

We do the same thing after we go out for supper.
Nancy said…
I rarely purchase pattern books anymore, but the Noro book would be tempting.
Unknown said…
It is fun looking through Knitting books and/or magazines. On occasion, I find a pattern or two I MUST have.

Yes, happy Monday, happy MLK Day!
KSD said…
I've got that Noro book. You're welcome to borrow it.

Funny you should post a photo of that particular Noro hat --- it's one of my favorites.
Mereknits said…
I have looked at that Noro book many times in the bookstore. My husband and I will go out to the bookstore as part of our dates too.
Hugs,
Meredith
Alyssa said…
I think the knit local book looks good... or maybe the knit slipper book! Hmmmm.
Araignee said…
I used to spend a fortune in our local Borders until they shut it down. Now all I have is Amazon and it's not the same. :(
SissySees said…
I have more knitting pattern books than I need, but I still buy a new one now and then. You can suggest knitting books for me anytime!
Gracie Saylor said…
My husband and I had a new/used bookstore in upstate NY for five years, Kathy, and we never tired of visiting other bookstores :) Are you going to knit a sheep?????? I have a small collection of sheep patterns, but have yet to actually finish one.
Can we be blogging friends...which in my mind is different than pretend friends? xx
Tanna said…
We love going to the bookstore, too. LOL! blessings ~ tanna
Just Me said…
Ha, ha! We always end our dinner dates with a trip to the bookstore, too. I am always in the crafts section. He is always in the humor section. We both have a coffee in hand.
Celia said…
I have to agree with a previous comment. Our two local bookstores closed down. Now, all of my patterns come from the library or online.

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???