Lifelong Learning Curves

 The stole/scarf is coming along. 
As usual I had a learning curve....
I kept forgetting to count and I must have restarted this 3 times. 
I think she's going to be a beauty.
Now that I finally SEE the pattern and am counting the 
stitches, (ahem thanks Karen) 
we are under control.  I think this yarn is a perfect match for the pattern.  I'll let you SEE it again soon stretched out....or pre blocked. 
Since I have NEVER pin blocked anything this ought to be fun...
 I can safely say that I have another project on the needles.
I'm not telling you what this is yet. 
Suffice to say I'm on the brink of a knitting epiphany thanks to 
Tamara, who I work with. 
I've been working quite a bit lately, hence the slower posting.

I'm alternating two rows of busy yarn with two rows of plain Jane
green and I like the effect. 
I know many of you have done this, but its new to me. 
My lifelong learning curves are at a stretch this week!


Finally, Miss Pie is learning about warm radiators and
fireplaces these days.  It is quite interesting to watch someone who cannot see, figure out something new.  She stalked towards the fireplace as if it were a crackling menace....
she stretched on the screen,
and then she realized,
Oh this is a WARM beast!
And she made friends with our first fire of the season. 

How's your learning curve these days?

Comments

Katherine said…
My learning curve does not seem to be as good as Miss Pie's! I just messed up a batch of reports that represent a whole morning's work. My mind is o other things!

The shawl/scarf is going to be beautiful. Such pretty colors!

Nothing is more satisfying and comforting than the first fire of the season.
Unknown said…
I know you're going to love your shawl...and just wait till you discover how wonderful it is to block out a piece with pins, and it works! Can't wait to see it!!

Little Pie...how fun to know she has discovered the warmth of the fireplace! So cute!
Nancy said…
A sweet photo of Pie and her new best friend.

My learning curve was discovering how to post the PDF of the blanket pattern. I love computers and the internet, but without Bonnie's directions, I doubt that I could have done it.
Alyssa said…
My learning curve is more like a learning cliff. I feel like everything I do every day is totally new. It's starting to grate on me!
Anonymous said…
Oh sheesh ... my learning curve keeps changing direction. The pink socks I liked so much .... not so much today.
Frogged.

Maybe the NEXT socks will have an agreeable learning curve.

Miss Pie is ADORABLE. I pretty much like the warm beast too.
Celia said…
My fairly new job is my learning curve. I love how kitty has adjusted to blindness.
Tanna said…
Love that Pie has found that nice warm spot. =) You are really taking the learning curve to the limit. I'm learning a few new things right now, too. Just did a new bind off that I loved and a new way of beading that I'm using on another, too... always something to learn. I love that! blessings ~ tanna
Judy S. said…
Our kitties are hogging the heaters of late. We are finally back home and getting caught up. Love your new shawl. I relearned how to teach finger knitting to an 8 year old yesterday. Have you tried it? Kinda fun.
Toni said…
Pie is one smart kitty! Sounds like a great new discovery
Araignee said…
That stripey thing is lovely. I can't wait to see what it is!
As for my learning curve, I had to learn how to cable without a needle this afternoon for a new project I just started and it made my head hurt. It should be easier than I am making it. Thank goodness for You Tube because written directions just don't make any sense to me.
Gracie Saylor said…
I really like the effect of the bright striped effect of your mystery project, Kathy :) as well as the delicacy of your scarf project.

As for my learning curve, Miss Pie, is a much faster learner than I am. Cheers for her!

Gracie :)
LouLou said…
I'm loving that mystery project too. Lucky for little Pie there's more than one way to enjoy a fire. Some times I think the crackling and warmth are every bit as wonderful as watching the glow. :-)
Mereknits said…
When I am teaching friends to knit a new pattern I always try to get them to read their stitches, if you can do that the pattern is always there right in front of you on your knitting. Pie is so fascinating.
Hugs,
Meredith
SissySees said…
Pretty knits, but love the photo of Pie and the fire.

I'm feeling more comfortable at work. Much learning happening there!

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???