Hooray for Fall

 I think there is no finer season in 
Chicago than Fall.   
 Friends took us out on their boat again yesterday.
The fish were not biting, but neither were the flies.
In fall, you can be on the water and it is incredibly peaceful.  
Larry, our friend, talked about sleeping on his boat once......
now that is a new MUST for me. 
Sandy his wife laughed and said you couldn't pay her enough to sleep on their boat..
I think its sounds heavenly...
The new Knitty is up and Finally there is a pattern for me: 
AGATA:

pattern is a great first sweater project for beginner knitters. All of the pattern pieces are essentially just big rectangles. There is no increase or decrease shaping, and it only requires knowledge of the most basic stitch patterns. If you know how to knit and purl, you can make this cardigan. More experienced knitters will find this pattern to be a quick knit. Despite its large size, it is knit at a loose gauge, and the rows of garter stitch and stockinette will fly by.

I think I'm going to have to knit Agata.  Fall and sweaters and knitting are just made for one another.  


My friend Diane is going to knit the Stephen West mystery shawl that begins this week.  

Is there something new that is calling to you this fall??


Comments

Unknown said…
The photos on the water...oh how great! I love being on the water! But is it really fall already??? I am thinking about what I'd like to put on the needles for a fall project.
elns said…
I agree. Sweaters and knitting. If I could, I would wrap my life in a cardigan. And remember, I'm going to get this sock knitting this fall. That's my goal. Fall sock knitting.
Mereknits said…
Everything new knitting-wise is making me crazy. I need old and reliable for a while. Have you ever seen the book The Knitting Experience by Sally Melville, it is fantastic especially for beginners, there are two in the series I love, The Knit Stitch, and The Purl Stitch.

Look them up.
Hugs,
Meredith
Celia said…
Fall is my favorite time of year. It's perfect knitting weather.
Katherine said…
I think sleeping on a boat would be fun as long as it was a yacht. On a small boat I would most likely roll over and fall in during the night.

No new knitting patterns calling to me but I would like to get back to my classic cardi and finish.
Anonymous said…
I loved sleeping on my Dad's boat when I was a kid. That light rocking is just the perfect thing for a good night's sleep.

Agata is very interesting.
Alyssa said…
I don't really want to own a boat... but I do have a small fantasy of living in a houseboat. I slept on a ship once when I was little, but that's not the same as sleeping on a small boat... I can imagine it's so soothing!
Nancy said…
I'll let you sleep on the water - it doesn't appeal to me, which is why I never had a water bed.

My new Fall knit is a scarf, using the yummy Noro you sent in my swap envelope. I love it!
Araignee said…
It's still too hot here to think about fall but sleeping on the water sounds heavenly. We used to have a place on the water and sleeping in the hammock right on the shore is still one of my favorite memories-especially when I had a baby in the hammock with me.
Judy S. said…
Great photos, Kathy! I love fall in the Midwest and think it's the best time to visit. Lately my UFOs have been screaming for attention. And Socktober is just around the corner, isn't it?
Tanna said…
I'm going to have to check out Agata! =D There are SO MANY knitting patterns that call to me, Kathy. I make myself crazy trying to pick. ;) So many patterns, so little time!! LOL!

I'm with your friend... sleeping on the water does NOT seem like a good plan to me. You go, adventurer!! blessings ~ tanna
SissySees said…
Agata called to me too. I'm enjoying having the girls at the office.
Eileen said…
I agree nothing better than Chicago in the fall. Being from the city I miss her most in the fall...all the colors and crisp air---oh yea!

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???