The Results

First the finish: 

Katherine had sent me some AMAZING by Lion Brand.
Amazing it is.  It is no where near the price of Noro but it's colors blend just as beautifully. 
Cobblestone is the colorway. 
The hat belongs to Zach. 
A simple 72 stitch hat.  
Thank you Katherine for a great knit up.
I have another skein yet to enjoy. 
 Thank you all for your Vest thoughts.   I've made a decision..  I'm casting on for a Vest.  I am not using Karen's pattern choice.  I'm using a pattern by a designer whose instructions always make sense to me.  

So I'm stepping out of my comfort zone, but not so much so that I'm not looking forward to the knitting.  

Happy Sunday.  Happy End of July.  Happy shis -ka -bob because that's what we are having tonight with cousins. 
]

Comments

Katherine said…
The hat is beautiful, yet masculine! I'm so glad you enjoyed the Amazing. I prefer it to Noro's scratchy texture!

Looking forward to your vest.
Your sunflowers are gorgeous. Shis-ka-bob sounds delish!
Happy weekend!!
Celia said…
Very nice hat. Happy Sunday! I hope you enjoy your yummy dinner.
KSD said…
I've never minded Lion Brand, probably because of my love of lions. I'll definitely have to look into Amazing.
Gracie Saylor said…
Enjoyed your happy report, Kathy :) I hope your vest turns out as beautifully as the hat in this post, and also that you have a good dinner tonight. I am planning on making good progress today on the shawl that I have been crocheting.......for months.......
Gracie xx
Nancy said…
Love the hat and will look for the yarn.

Glad to hear you are going to knit a vest - a challenge is always good for the soul.
Anonymous said…
The new vest pattern sounds like the perfect compromise.

Love Zach's hat. Such pretty colors.
Mereknits said…
Hooray for you, good decision. I am here if you need any help.
Hugs,
Meredith
Araignee said…
I love Amazing. That reminds me that I have some around here that needs to be a sweater soon.
Unknown said…
I'm "amazed" that this yarn looks so much like NORO. Nice!

Glad to hear you're going for a challenge project in knitting. Good for you!
Annie Cholewa said…
Just read your last post ... sounds like a good choice to me :D Happy knitting!
Tanna said…
You go, girl!! I am looking forward to seeing that vest! I have really enjoyed Amazing, especially for some kid knits! The colors are wonderful! blessings ~ tanna
SissySees said…
What a great hat! Looking forward to seeing what vest you're knitting.
Toni said…
Oh, very nice!

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???