Something Old, Something Sue, Something Knitted, Something Blue


Sue is very imposing as she greets you at Chicago's Field Museum.   Did you know she was discovered in the Black Hills of South Dakota?   She lived about 65 million years ago.   Numbers like those boggle this brain.   We ate lunch with Sue today.   Why is it that museums are so very interesting when one is not counting children's heads every ten seconds while chaperoning?  
  


Topic two without a  segway: 

Al requested some dishcloths in Beach colors. 
I think this colorway will do.  
Simple garter, simple crochet edge.
You could say I'm in training..
oh yeah Ladies, 
I'm doing the Dishrag Tag again this summer. 
Emily at Yarn Miracle just announced she'll host the event yet again for all of us to enjoy.  
If you never have, it is crazy fun. 






Comments

gMarie said…
Oh fun! I would like to have lunch with Sue too. Also - I played Dish Rag Tag a couple of years ago - it was fun. Enjoy!
Nancy said…
Sue doesn't look any older than when I saw her in the 70s.
Suburban prep said…
I have made oven pads for my mother and my sisters. My mother hoards them. She swears only by the ones I have made her.
SissySees said…
Sue looks the same as when I first saw her in the '80s. Funny how that works, isn't it?
Araignee said…
Good golly, that is one scary set of bones! I remember like it was yesterday sitting outside the National Museum trying to convince a very young Daughter to come in and look at the bones with me. She never would.
Anonymous said…
Sue looks like GOOD lunch company as long as YOU are not lunch.

Have a great weekend.
Mrs. Micawber said…
Gosh I haven't been to the Field Museum in about 20 years - forgot all about my dinosaur namesake.

I like to make bias knit dishcloths (the only kind I know how to knit). But they're always so pretty I hate to dirty them up by using them. :)
Katherine said…
Nancy sent me a pattern for a dish cloth that I can't wait to start! What is it about dish cloths that makes them so much fun? I think it is the quick and easy and oh so useful factor!!

Lunch with Sue is a tradition I miss! Also my annual afternoon at the Art Institute.
Tanna said…
Sue is ginormous!! LOTS of things become interesting when not constantly counting little heads. LOL! I never see ANYTHING when I go shopping with my daughter and grands (except those two darting little heads). LOL! blessings ~ tanna
elns said…
Wow I am going to have to visit Sue. Very cool. I love the colors of the dish rag. Very summery indeed. I want to hear more about this "Dish Rag Tag" thing. One more thing to watch you for!
Unknown said…
Sue looks impressive!

You nailed the beach colors for the dish rag!! They are BEAUTIFUL.

I have not heard of Dish Rag Tag. Could you explain the game????

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???