Merry Merry Merry!!!



  • Merry Merry Merry blog friends.  As promised, the Eggnog Bread recipe is below for you.  It is TASTE OF HOME's recipe.  I leave out the red and greed candied cherries and the raisins....But that's just me.  




  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar® / Dixie Crystals® Granulated Sugar
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup eggnog
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans
  • 1/2 cup raisins
  • 1/2 cup chopped red and green candied cherries

Directions

  • In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and butter until well blended. In another bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture alternately with eggnog, beating just until blended. Fold in the pecans, raisins and cherries.
  • Transfer to a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).



 IT came without packages, boxes and bags.......

Yes it did!  Christmas is here today and it is lovely. 

BUt tomorrow is our celebration when Fireman and 

Al come home.  I cannot wait.  I have some baking 

to do. 
This is the free lance fingerless that I decided was 

fine after all.  I'll be knitting the second one today.  


What did Santa bring to you???  Any surprises???


Any yarny goodness????????

Comments

Nancy said…
Santa brought 3 inches of snow, so I woke to a Winter Wonderland.

I'll have a quiet day - a new puzzle to assemble and some knitting while watching some Christmas movies.
Araignee said…
Santa brought me a new coat and lots of chocolate. We are off to Christmas Part 3 with the new grandbaby so I am one happy grandma!
Merry Christmas!
Suburban prep said…
I make an eggnog bread too. I do not add the candied fruit but I add raisins. I have added chocolate chips but the people prefer the raisins. So seasonal.
Anonymous said…
No yarny goodness this year, but he did bring me a new camera so I can get better pictures for the blog.

Have a great celebration with your family tomorrow.
Mereknits said…
Merry Christmas Kathy, so glad your family will be together soon. Max my furry boy gave me four beautiful skeins of yarn, how is that for thoughtful? Hugs to you my dear friend,
Meredith
SissySees said…
Merry Christmas! I don't like cherries, so I'll definitely leave those out.

I did get some yarn for Christmas; more Plymouth Kudo in three different colors!
Katherine said…
Can you believe that Santa brought 2 inches of snow to Fort Worth, Texas? No joke. It's true!! We finally just got home from the round of family houses--driving in the snow all the way. Glad to be home, but I have to say it was a wonderful day!! Merry Christmas to all!
Celia said…
We got about 4 inches of snow on Christmas Eve. It was so nice. I got two skeins of yarn from a co-worker.
Unknown said…
Thanks for sharing the recipe. I'm going to try it. I love eggnog. So, I get this will be tasty!

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???