Happy Thanksgiving to YOU

 Hope your Tom was as delicious as ours. 
 I finished the Drop Stitch Cowl this morning.  I only had ends to weave in.  This is SpiderWomanknits pattern On Ravelry.  
I did not use super bulky yarn.  It is a bit short, but for a loose lovely cowl and occasional head cover it is good.   I used some expensive Ela Rae Chunky Merino; (two skeins) . This yarn is soft and spongy.  

The Cowl is a gift to Zach's girlfriend Ale, in Mexico.  It will be just right for cooler nights in Leon.  I hope she loves it. She told me orange was one of her favorite colors.... 
She was so sweet and her family so welcoming to us that I wanted to thank her. 
The results of my Thanksgiving poll were tallied.  The winner by a landslide, for favorite eats, was Stuffing or Dressing as some say.  Hope you enjoyed the day.  I'm so thankful for knit pals and all the free patterns on Ravelry.

Comments

Anonymous said…
The cowl is just perfect when you need a little something to ward off the chill.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Nancy said…
Happy Thanksgiving to you and the Fireman.

I'm at my sister's house and knitting socks while visiting and smelling the turkey and sides in the oven. Soon, the meal will be served - I'm hungry.

Went for a long uphill walk this morning after breakfast and may take another one this afternoon.
Mereknits said…
She will adore the cowl and because you made it especially for her it will be even more special. Your turkey looks very yummy, hope you had a wonderful day. I know you missed Zach and AL.
Hugs to you,
Meredith
Gracie Saylor said…
Our ground turkey spaghetti was good, but a bit different from our traditional Thanksgiving fare :) I could almost smell your yummy looking turkey right through the computer screen! The cowl you knit is beautiful and I am sure will be treasured. Thanks for posting! xx from Gracie
SissySees said…
I just finished a dropped stitch infinity scarf yesterday, but failed to take photos. Your opened up so much more than mine. Boo!
Unknown said…
A few friends got together for Thanksgiving, and we all brought something for the table. Yum. It was all good. Stuffing with turkey gravy is hard to beat. One friend brought a cherry pie which she made from cherries picked in Wisconsin. Oooo...it was so tasty!

I think the orange cowl will be a hit. Lovely job!
Allison said…
That's so funny that everyone wanted stuffing! I didn't even make it because I don't like it at all. People at work down here said "mac and cheese", which I don't really consider to be a Thanksgiving food.
Katherine said…
Happy day after Thanksgiving, also known as Thanksgiving in the Comfort Zone. The cowl is beautiful and a gorgeous color!! She will love it! Your turkey looks yummy.
Robin said…
The cowl looks great! Your turkey looks delish! Hope your holiday was restful.
Celia said…
Happy Thanksgiving! Turkey looks delicious!!

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???