Super Fast Socks

 Happy Friday!  I'm using KnitPicks Chroma in worsted to make a pair of wool socks.  There will  be no machine wash and dry for this pair.  They'll be dipped in the sink and dried on the radiators....
They are super thick and, as you can imagine, super fast to knit up.  Al, for one, wears socks to bed for her cold little tootsies.  In the winter, I head to bed in socks and kick them off during the night.   This does too count as one of my 13 pairs in 2012......(does not....does so!.)  This makes pair 6 ....so I'm a bit behind ....
I found this pattern in my inbox yesterday.  I think this may be the answer to my inability to knit reverse neck shaping.  Sure looks like a rectangle to me.  I can knit a rectangle..
Have any of you wonderous knitters out there, knit a pattern like this?  Is it as easy as it looks?  Do you know of any others?  I would not knit the fancy pattern into it.   But I love the look....

Finally, I have to tell you about a recipe I made that I found on Pinterest.  Its good in a pinch, and super fast.     You only have to have a angel food cake mix and a box of jello lemon pudding mix and 2 cups of milk.  You mix the pudding powder with cold milk for 2 minutes, then add the angel food cake mix in and bake it for 25 minutes.  You get a Lemony angel food cake treat....Try it
You'll LIKE it!




Comments

SissySees said…
Why wouldn't those socks count as socks? They're awesome. I can't wear socks to bed. If my feet are hot, I'm hot and get cranky...

The vest is pretty but I cannot answer any of your questions. My allergies are kicking my ... hem.

Grace said…
of course they count as socks--no question

I am like Chan--no socks in bed, unless it is zero in the bedroom

I also agree with Chan about the allergies.

Interesting vest design!
Celia said…
I love the chroma colors but haven't ordered any yet.
Those look like the perfect socks for wearing around the house on a cold day. I think I need to knit up a pair. Also, the angel food cake recipe sounds good.

fancystitching said…
I must try your cake recipe! My friends are so tired of the pineapple angel food cake I take to most every meeting. this sounds wonderful for a change of pace!
Anonymous said…
I wear socks ALL the time. These are so nice.
Katherine said…
Socks do too count!! I love the colors! I can't wear socks to bed but I have to have an extra afghan over my feet.

Cute sweater vest but I can't let myself get ideas about any more sweaters until I finish Classic Cardigan (which has bogged down).
Minerva said…
The recipe sounds good. I'm all for an easy recipe in a pinch.

Can't wait to see the vest progress. It does look easier than a collar. Haven't tried this square technique.
KathyTNY said…
Don't you just love worsted weight wool when it comes to socks (and mittens) - makes them go very fast! I love the wool and the color! Look like comfy socks for around home!

Thanks for the angel food lemony cake recipe!

Nicole said…
Thise totally count toward your sock total. They are socks, after all.
Lynneb said…
It's adorable! Why don't you at least knit a basic cable into that vest?

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???