Sneak Peek at the Prizes

So here is part of the prize package: Denim Berrocco, a treat at the DQ, and an American Flag windsock. Summery theme going on here.  I will be adding more to the box for the winner.   I am delighted with the new blog suggestions.  I hope you can find time to read them too and give them a comment to cheer them on.

I was on Ravelry's site early today .  Someone linked an Interweave damaged book sale.  I had to order a book on felting that I found.  FELT FORWARD, Modern Designs was my pick.  Do you have the book?   I love to felt my knitting and I usually have very good luck.  If you've never felted and need a little something new, go for it.  It is a bit magical and a bit nerve racking at the same time...

Kind of like a roller coaster ride
Kind of like adopting a new puppy
Kind of like public speaking
Kind of like asking for an autograph

Have you asked for an autograph ever?  I have .  Ron Santo of the Cubs was the most gracious celebrity I've ever asked for an autograph.  I have to say I asked for an autograph at a Cub game from the Marlins owner and he was a jerk.   One of his fans actually told me to leave the guy alone while he was working. About 5 other people had successfully gotten his autograph so I m not sure why I was a NO.  I thought that being a fan was more important than anything to an owner.  I thought promoting baseball to a mom with her young son by her side, was WORKING.   I don't think I"ve asked for an autograph since.
They are silly anyhow.  I was doing it for my son's little collection at the time.   I still get flushed thinking about it.

Would anyone like my autograph?  I'll be happy to oblige......
(wink)
Have a great weekend/workend!

Comments

Celia said…
Awww man! No autograph! That's not nice.
SissySees said…
I've had books signed... is that the same? Even then, I've only asked authors I actually know, although I do treasure the Blind Assassin signed by Atwood that my BFF and her hubby got for me...

That package looks AWESOME!!! I love the new wee size of blizzards... What's the flavor of the month? (Turtle Brownie. And they make a cake version. I've informed the Knight, even though there's not one too near...)
Katherine said…
When you send out the prize I hope you will autograph it for the recipient!

I once met Captain Kangaroo in a hotel lobby and asked, "Aren't you Captain Kangaroo?" He answered, "No, I'm Bob Keeshan." And that's how he signed a hotel brochure for me.
Anonymous said…
We were in south Florida a couple of weeks ago. Everyone down there acts like a jerk as far as I can tell.
:-(

We went to a Florida Summer League game last summer and the manager posed with my sock in progress. Nicest guy EVER!! LOL
Bianca said…
The book sounds a good one ;-) I always am a bit frightened of felting. Yarn looks yum as well - though at the moment I am crocheting with lace yarn. Feels good. I have autographs, from Arne & Carlos (LOL), one from Anne Geelof (he is a local author) and two cd's autographed from all members of De Kast (group)
SusanB-knits said…
I don't have that book but I do have a book on felting. I don't usually do much felting.
I did get Marina Sirtis (Counselor Troi), William Shatner (Captain Kirk) and of course Leonard Nimoy (Spock)!
Minerva said…
I have never asked for one, but My husband owns some pretty great ones. Martin Luther King is our most prized one. He met him on a plane when he was a child.
Grace said…
I have a few autographs mostly from authors==when I worked for the local book store we used to have events--authors like Frank McCourt (Angela's Ashes) etc. would be the headliners

loving the giftee box!

Popular posts from this blog

The nearly Thousandth post Contest

Talk to you in the comments Contest

Cookie Sheet Blanket Contest .....