IT's a Birthday~~~~ Book Suggestions Please




Al's having her birthday today. We bought her a NOOK!!! A nook for a book . Please, titles .....books she should read. She reads all kinds of books......ALL kinds. TEll us a favorite.
Tell us one you want to read. One you read and read over and over again.

Some of her favorite books of all time:

EXPECTING ADAM by Martha Beck

STITCHES...a graphic novel not a knit book!!

The Red Tent

THe Bean Trees

And the Band Played On (aids epidemic)

Ella Enchanted

Knittng Nature

Magazine: Real Simple
Bon Appetite

The Hunger Games

AN Exact Replica of a Figment of My Imagination

(and the cupcake is Strawberry White Chocolate)

(THe sock is next to the nook for your vote: Frog it or not? Im not too happy with the stripes....)

Love AL's mom

Comments

Nancy said…
I enjoy reading books by Alice Hoffman, Rosemunde Pilcher, James Patterson, and C.J. Box.
Judy S. said…
Our bookclub just read My Name is Mary Sutter about a young midwife who wants to be a surgeon during the time of the Civil War. Everyone liked it! Happy B'day to Al! I'm not one for frogging anything, especially a sock that far along!
Katherine said…
I'm going to vote to keep the sock! I love wonky stripes--in fact, the wonkier the better. I love it when yarn does it's own thing!

As for books, I'm a devoted fan of James Patterson and Michael Connelly. I just downloaded The Mill River Recluse by Darcie Chan because I've heard good things about it.
Katherine said…
OH!!! Happy birthday Al. Hope it is a good one and you enjoy your Nook!
Anonymous said…
Happy birthday, Al!
Anonymous said…
The Help was really good.
Beverly said…
Happy Birthday to Al!
Meredith said…
Lucky Al, I love my Nook. How about The Help, My Name is Mary Sutter is a great book,love all knitting fiction books like Friday Night Knitting Club. Etc. Al should be able to download a ton of classics for free, check out Barnes and Noble website. You are such a great Mom.
Hugs to you,
Meredith
SissySees said…
Let me skim my "free Nook" book blogs. I have a host of free books on my Nook, and several with a Lend Me feature. I love a quick "cozy" mystery, historical fiction, and whatever all the cool kids are reading in their book clubs.
I loved Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. I would recommend it to everyone.
Grace said…
Barbara Bretton, Maggie sefton, Anne Canadeo, Sally Goldenbaum all write the best knitting fiction, that I enjoy reading,
fancystitching said…
Happy birthday, Al! And I would NOT frog the sock. I have stopped stressing over "non-perfect" socks. After all, they are on my feet, in my shoes, and covered by the leg of my jeans. Who really knows that they are a tiny bit less than perfect? I will wear them, wash them, and they will wear out. So, knit on! They are cute.

Book suggestions... I really enjoyed "The Help". I am not sure if you can find it for Nook, but the Mitford series by Jan Karron are my absolutely favorite books of all time.
Anonymous said…
I loved both of these books, Brooklyn and The Hotel on the corner of Bitter and Sweet. Excellent books that all I know have loved and passed on to others.

Lynn
Dorothy said…
If she has a subscription to Bon Appetit, she can get it for free on her Nook! There's a code to put in after you pay for it, and you get a refund. I'm sure it's on the customer service page of BA.

Popular posts from this blog

The nearly Thousandth post Contest

Talk to you in the comments Contest

Cookie Sheet Blanket Contest .....