Finished AL's Fair Isle Legggins



I finished Al's legwarmers on Thanksgiving morning. You see Al did ALL the cooking at our house. I just had to clean and help clean up after. So I had time to finish her legwarmers. They made me feel like dancing!

I used Dream in Color for the raspberry main color and used Liberty Wool Classic Elite for the Fair Isle. I wish both legs matched but that is not how the yarn knit up. I think they came out whimsical and wonderful. I made up a pattern.

I cast on 64 stitches and ribbed awhile. Then I found a fair isle pattern that was made up of a 16 stitch repeat and focused for a bit. Fair Isle requires focus, but I do so love the results. Also, because the top part is fair isle, the leggings hug there and won't fall down. Next I did a few stripes and finished them up plain in stockinette in the round. She loved them. They will keep her warm and fuzzy as our temps are really dropping here now.

I need more dances in my life I think. I worry too much. Worry less, dance more.....

I WOULD LOVE YOU TO LEAVE A COMMENT>

Comments

SissySees said…
Cute and happy!! What a special gift.

It's been blissfully warm here at the beach. Fall and a cold rain are on the way though...
Meredith said…
Or worry less knit more. I like that one. Lovey leg warmers, I bet Al is thrilled.
Happy Monday,
Meredith
Katherine said…
Beautiful!! I love the way the yarn color worked out. Great idea about the Fair Isle helping to hold them up.

Worry less and knit more sounds good but dance? I don't dance--I just rock and sway. I'm great in a crowded ballroom!
Celia said…
Very pretty!!
Alyssa said…
I love them! They'll look very good peeking over the tops of some nice boots :)
Butterfly said…
Beautiful colors! Worry less and dance more is my absolute favorite solution to stress (except for maybe worry less and knit more)
Nancy said…
I love them! Dance, dance, dance, until you can't breathe.
Beverly said…
Nice! The Fair Isle looks good on these.
Lynn said…
NICE!!! I cant do colored work to save my life!!!
Donna Boucher said…
so cool!
Lynneb said…
very cute! I would love to wear leg warmers but I think I'm too old...I've already worn them once in my life!

Popular posts from this blog

The nearly Thousandth post Contest

Talk to you in the comments Contest

Cookie Sheet Blanket Contest .....