LIve from Chicago, its Saturday Niiiiiiiiiight!


I finished the dishrag. I'm not about to make another anytime soon.. I Love the result. But, oh all those knit 2 togethers made my wrists absolutely stiff. Cotton and I don't get along on the needles. Next to my skin, cotton and I are great together. On the needles, I do remember now, cotton and I don't mix. Also this involved a ton of counting....
rag rag rag
yes dishrag..

THe yarn is Lily's Sugar and Creme. THe pattern is Doily Style Dishcloth designer unknown.
Rating Medium. That's their rating. I rate it difficult for the above tension reasons....

I think I need to find a crochet pattern for a dishcloth and fall in love with it. Any ideas my fellow crocheters???

I am off to work now. I got the first 4 hours of my shift off tonight. Yippee only 8 hours in the night. Is it morning yet?





I WOULD LOVE YOU TO LEAVE A COMMENT>

Comments

Katherine said…
Beautiful dish cloth! I love the round ones. I only have one but I noticed that I grab it out of the drawer before the square cloths.

Happy short work night!!
SissySees said…
Seems to me there is a crochet cloth pattern I like. Remind me, or search my Ravelry projects page...
Anonymous said…
It is VERY cute, but I know what you mean. I didn't used to have these issues (achy wrists and fingers)back when I was, you know .....
younger.

I really have to space out my cotton knitting so I don't get all cramped up.
Kalyan said…
Simply beautiful...lovely!
Nancy said…
Great job! Do I foresee some lacy shawl knitting in your future?

I agree that cotton yarn doesn't "give" as much as other yarns, so it creates achy hands and wrists.
Judy S. said…
That's one really pretty dishcloth! Did you do it on dpns? I get achy fingers when knitting too much also, but even worse when I crochet!? Weird, huh? How's little B doing? Such a cute kitty!
Anonymous said…
I found the yarn brand I Love This Cotton from Michael's and it's wonderful to work with. K2Tog are not a problem with it!
Anonymous said…
Great job! I'm expecting the box from our team tomorrow!
Anonymous said…
I'm extremely late with this...but my favorite crochet dishcloth is simple. You crochet a chain as long as you want ( I normally make mine big enough for the hand of the person using it from wrist to tip of longest finger) then crochet around . It with turn back on itself and I slip stick up the center when it touches. If I'm feeling really daring.....at the end I will crochet a chain of 7 or 10 and slip stitch it to itself so I can hang it from a peg if I want to. I've made it with both cotton and acrylic. I love it. :) Just thought I would throw that thought out there.

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???