Les knits a Stephen West Shawl....Spectrum


*Ran into Les at 3 Bags Full this morning. I enjoyed chatting with her and Lynette and a new knit friend, Wendy. Les was wearing a great wrap in corals and had made matching earrings. I should have taken her picture too. I did snap a quick shot of her new Stephen West shawl . She is using
a multi STR with the off white koigu. Isn't it pretty? Les, like everyone you ask, says West patterns are wonderful and easy. I must knit one. I thought Les said it was called SPECTRUM but I cannot find the pattern under that name. Anyone recognize it? That's how things are here at My Yarn Garden, sometimes....incomplete information....

*I'm finishing the 'this will never be a shawl', skydive scarf this afternoon. Then I am casting on for a STOLE in the same lace...ahem...pattern. The color of my new yarn is intoxicating.....wait til you see it. Perfectly summery.

I've given up potato chips until mid august. Today was a difficult difficult no chip day.....
seriously, this is hard for me. What do you give up that is really hard for you?

Comments

Goldenleo said…
Hi.
I think it's Spectra. I did see it on Ravelry
SissySees said…
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/spectra

Spectra it is.

Can't wait to see your yarn!

I get in food ruts. Right now, I wouldn't want to give up Luna bars; I eat them for breakfast most days!
Grace said…
yes it is spectra, was just eyeing that one myself

Potato has been hard to give up---in any form, bread too but now that I know I am gluten intolerant it explains a lot. So getting away from gluten or anything with flour the next hardest is ice cream. I have a little bit once or twice a month but its not the same!
Natalie Rush said…
I just saw this this week and talked about it on my podcast! I already picked out yarn for it too!! Her's looks amazing!!!
Linda said…
Hi Kathy,
Thanks for visiting my blog. I upload all of my photos into picasa albums (picasaweb.com). From there you can click on a picture and insert the link into your blog as you compost the posts, choosing which size photo you want to use. If you send me your email, I'll be happy to walk you through the process--it's not hard at all. linda.jamar (at) gmail.com
Allison said…
I have so much trouble when I give up sweets. There's just something about having a piece of candy or chocolate after dinner that makes the meal feel complete. Good luck with your chip challenge!
Katherine said…
I love Stephen West. I must try Spectra!

Like Sissy I get into food ruts and eat the same things over and over. It would be hard for me to give up cashew nuts and impossible to give up chocolate!
Anonymous said…
I don't know that I could give up chips. They are my most favorite snack food!

Good luck ---

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???