Stillwater Minnesota Darn. Knit. anyway: 5 stars



Honestly, I had no idea. When Fireman and I visited Stillwater Minnesota yesterday, we found a find. We intended to sight see around White Bear Lake and Stillwater to give my sister some time to catch up on work without us around. I had no idea there was an incredible knit shop in the tiny tourist town of Stillwater Minnesota.

Darn. Knit. Anyway.
That is the name of this quaint and lovely store.
The owners could not have been nicer. They were laughing and blowing up balloons for evening festivities at the shop. They showed me to the sale yarn with smiles. The wound my yarn with smiles. They found a mitten shop pattern for me, with smiles. They directed us to a walleye sandwich in town, with smiles. All genuine.

Then they suggested I needle felt with the roving I have at home. I love this idea. I am not ready to learn to spin. I think I can needle felt. Who knows if I really can, but I have this feeling that I can. They were certain I could. Can I ?? Have you??? Where to start????

Finally, a Five Star Knit Store was followed by a 5 Star Dinner prepared by my sister and her husband. Homemade Chicken Mole. The mole was amazing. Fireman and I loved the dinner.

Friday leads to Saturday and another weekend of work! Sounds like we will have great sleeping weather this weekend here, finally, at home!

Comments

Beverly said…
Good that you had a wonderful trip and found a wonderful lys that winds.
Anonymous said…
Sounds like a wonderful shop. Glad you had such a great visit.
Leslie said…
Tom and I went to MN last summer for the White Sox games. I had a wonderful time at Darn. Knit. Anyway. Love the town of Stillwater. I think Minneapolis has a great selection of yarn shops.
Karezybear said…
Wait, Wait,.....don't give up on spinning yet. There is a new issue by Innerweave called Knit and spin, It looks very interesting and I was thinking of you. But, if you want to try needle felting, I have the supplies even though I've never done it yet. Glad you had a good trip.
Bianca said…
Oh my! Now I know for sure what I miss most here in our town... a really good yarn shop! Am glad to read that you found a good one in Stillwater!
SissySees said…
Love the name.

I don't know squat about needle felting...
Judy S. said…
Stillwater's a fun place, isn't it? Haven't been there for awhile and am wondering how we missed the shop. Oh well, a great reason to return...our nephew lives in Bayport and my sis lives in Camridge..2 others in MPLS. What's your favorite lys in the Chicago area?
Katherine said…
Yippee! A yarn store that winds yarn and smiles!! I love the name of the shop. Sounds like you had a wonderful visit with your sister. Times like that make going back to work easier. Glad you had a safe trip!!

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???