Guest Blogger is Back!


Fireman commented that I hadn't had a guest blogger in a long while. So, without further ado:
Here is the clerk at Fit and Frisky Pet supply in Evanston, Illinois. He didn't mind a bit.
If you can make out the knit up, it is my sister's new blanket.

I am knitting this behemoth on the needles that one of you so generously sent me from your
Stitch N Pitch giveaway. These needles make BIG stitches. I guess the supposed Rapture made me think I had to knit this fast for my sister.

I am sorry to join the Rapture for blog fodder, but it is just too irresistible.
Just in case the world was ending, I had my favorite dinner: Homemade bread and
sweet unsalted butter. Accompanied by a glass of chardonnay.

The thought occurred to me that if indeed, we were all going, I'd get to see my Huck again
and
there was comfort in that. I fully expect us to reunite someday in a joyous round of tail wagging and hugging.

Comments

Katherine said…
Anyone who says there are no dogs in heaven is just crazy!! God wants us to be happy! I'm afraid I didn't give the rapture stuff enough thought. I didn't remember it until I was in bed and as I was going to sleep I thought, "I guess we'll either sleep and then rise or we will rise and never have to sleep again."
SissySees said…
I hadn't heard about the Rapture stuff until Thursday night.

And you know I can't imagine a Heaven without my darling dogs.
Celia said…
How do these coo-coo's get so much press?"
Judy S. said…
Great idea to use big needles on a blanket! Wish you'd have posted this sooner, before I starte mine. Have you read Cat Heaven or Dog Heaven, both by Cynthis Rylant? Great children's books that adults like too.
Anonymous said…
I figure I'm probably not going. I'll be sitting here with my stash and trying to figure out what to knit next.
Jennifer said…
ooh - I missed the guest blogger! What a good sport.
Lynneb said…
I love Guest Blogger! i wish you would interview your guests when you meet up with them!

Popular posts from this blog

The nearly Thousandth post Contest

Talk to you in the comments Contest

Cookie Sheet Blanket Contest .....