Really Simple Shawlette in Cotton



I finished the shawlette last night unexpectedly. I used only one of the two skiens of Claudia's Handpaint Cotton in Begonia. I made a mistake front and center, couldn't correct it and decided that was my sign from the knitting gods to stop. I sewed a button onto one tip and made a yarn loop on the other tip. I guess you really cant see this in either image. Point being, that you don't tie it. You simple button it behind your neck.

I love this yarn. The nice thing about knitting in heavy old cotton is that you don't really have to block. This little ditty will help keep me warm in chilly chilly Chicago spring. I often wear v-neck tops and the chill down my jacket is noticeable. I think this little pink wind blocker will be fashionably practical.

In other knit news. .....it seems there has been a little Easter knitting miracle. I took out the Mirror Mirror vest to show Karen this morning, and ......somehow the right amount of stitches were on the needles afterall. I swear to you, it didnt go into the yarn bag that way.
Truly, it didn't. However, I have been known to be a bit innumerate and given the state of mind I was in when I pushed it into the bag the other night....who knows.
It is now in Karen's capable hands for finishing. I am not going to risk finishing it myself. I learned long ago, that you can ruin a perfectly good knit, with poor finishing. It is the part of my knit game....(like putting in golf) that I don't work on. I let the experts do it.
Karen wrote me a great pattern and we will be selling it soon! Each and every row is lovingly spelled out for those of us who are learning reverse shaping. :) If only all patterns were so carefully written!

More on Dedicate Your Blog Day Monday..coming soon. Hope you'll join me and dedicate your post or your whole blog to someone.
I WOULD LOVE YOU TO LEAVE A COMMENT>

Comments

Marguerite said…
Nice shawlette. I like your idea of calling the project over instead of frogging back to a mistake.:-)

Ready to dedicate my blog. Looking forward to hearing the details.
SissySees said…
I think blogger ate my comment. If this is the only one you get, then... it did. If not, please ignore this one!
Katherine said…
I love the idea of a button on one corner and loop on the other. I have a round shawlette that is crying out for that type of fastening. Can't wait to see the vest finished. The colors are so pretty!
Celia said…
That's majorly cute!!
Alyssa said…
Wow, that shawlette seems so small, but it works :)

And, hooray for the knitting miracle!! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???