Amphibien goings on



See the frog that is on the Cheezit box? Katy send him to me with the big old pink circular needles I wished for on a recent post. I have never gotten a box without it being wrapped in brown paper. I have heard of mail art. I think this qualifies. If you find a Girl Scout cookie box in the mail and its from me, rest assured there are no thin mints left inside. I think this is such hoot or a ribbit I guess. The frog has a little light and croaks. Radar loved the light. Thanks Katy you are so sweet.

In the spirit of amphibiens, I frogged a sock that I found in my closet last week. I tried to finish it, and had only the little bit of the first skein left when I hemmed and hawwed. Then I just ripped or ribbitted it out! Sometimes a good froggin clears your head....

I want to give a shout out to Lynne from Knit Together in My Mother's Womb fame. She now has an etsy site and I've become a buyer! Minne&Amos is her etsy site. Take a look. BUt the cutest lined lunch bag has been sold...to mwah!

Comments

Unknown said…
I have one of those frogs too! Damaris thinks it's hysterical when I lean on my purse wrong & it starts croaking! LOL!
pam said…
that is hysterical!
love that she sent it in a cheeze-it box. i have to mail something out soon, i may just mail it out in a samosa box. thanks for the idea!!! ;)
Katherine said…
A Cheezit box? Soooooo funny!! I will have to try that. I guess a box is a box to USPS.

When I saw the picture I said, "Oh THOSE pink needles." Not the ones I was thinking about when you mentioned them. Can't wait to see what you knit with them.
Beverly said…
I used to work for the postal service and I never thought about mailing or saw anything mailed in something remotely resembling a Cheezit box. What a hoot!

I love the frog and have become more acquainted with frogging as I've matured as a knitter. I used to hate to rip out things even if I knew I wasn't going to finish them.
Dorothy said…
I got one of those frogs for Christmas! (I wonder where I put it.......)

I saw Lynne's shop! Her stuff is super cute!
Marguerite said…
Been gone all day, but when I got home there was a much traveled, much taped Priority Mail box waiting for me.

Haven't opened it yet.

When I take it to its last trip to the PO I'll be holding my breath that they take it. It's going to look like I'm trying to mail a tape ball, not a box.:-)
Anonymous said…
Cute froggie!

Just wanted to let you know I just got off the Big Red Bus where I left a pint of my finest red. ;-)

They LOVE me there --- O negative baby!
kathy b said…
Dee

Thank you....you make me teary.
Allison said…
Super cute frog! I agree that sometimes it feels so great just ripping out one of the projects that sits in the closet and stares at you.
kt said…
Hee-hee! So glad it made it's way to you safely! Looking forward to watching your progress with the gargantuan pink needles!
SissySees said…
Oh goodness, it wouldn't be safe to mail a box of Cheeze-its here; Sissy LIVES for them and would eat the box, I think...

And I apologize... This month has totally zoomed by and no blankets are in the mail for you.

Popular posts from this blog

The nearly Thousandth post Contest

Talk to you in the comments Contest

Cookie Sheet Blanket Contest .....