RIP RONNIE SANTO


I talk more in the comments!


I am sad that Ronnie Santo passed away today, but I have a smile on my face thinking of all the Cub games he put his heart into on and off the field. Give a listen to Steve Goodman's A Dying Cub Fan's Last Request on Youtube, and smile with me.

(Ron was at our local Dairy Bar ice cream hut about 15 years ago. I asked him for an autograph for my son, Zach. He felt his shirt pockets and shook his head and said, "OH I wish I had some baseball cards with me. I ALWAYS do, but I have my wife's car today." He then took the grocery list he had in his pocket, out, and tour off a piece of it and signed it for Zach. He could not have been nicer)

What a valiant effort he led to end Juvenille Diabetes. Thanks RON! You will be missed

Comments

Irisheyes Lynn said…
It was so sad to hear about Ron when I woke up this morning. He certainly made the Cubs games more interesting to listen to these last few years! I'm sorry I didn't talk to him at the JDRF walk in October. We'll miss you, Ron!
Katherine said…
It's the end of an era. When something like this happens I am always left feeling like nothing will ever be the same--and you know what, nothing ever is!

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???