Leftovers Hat



I made my son a hat a few years ago using these yarns. It was a drop stitch maze like creation that came out great. He has been hinting, or rather remarking, that he'd like another hat. I found the rest of the yarn from the old hat and decided to just trial another pattern. This is such a simple 5 inch rib which will be followed by 6 inches of stockinette in the round. I am sure I don't have enough of the off white color to knit 6 inches, but it will make a nice stripe. Now, I'll have to dig through some more leftover stash to find another color....

I intend to knit him an entirely new hat of entirely new yarn for his birthday, but I wanted to practice and make sure this one fits his head well. Hats can be difficult to fit, I think.

On another leftovers note, I mentioned a new recipe I might share. Well, it simply wasn't good enough. I did bring the leftovers to work with me last weekend, but tossed most of them. (It was a garbanzo bean salad base)

Are you doing anything with leftovers in your life lately?






I talk more in the comments!

Comments

Katherine said…
I love a ribbed hat and the colors are beautiful together. Too bad you can't finish it with the cream color! Maybe you can find a gold in stash.

My leftover experience has been finishing the spaghetti I made for the family last Sunday. I made enough for an army because there are so many of us, and DH and I have been eating spaghetti all week. I am always amazed that it gets better everyday.
Celia said…
I'm so unorganized right now, I don't even know what leftovers I have.
Karen said…
I love that leftover hat. Now your son can have TWO new hats, a leftover one and a brand new one!!

The other day, I warmed up some leftover pizza for lunch. And after I ate it, I had a stomach ache all afternoon. That's what I get for deciding to splurge instead of having a nice salad - since I'm trying to lose some weight.
Grace said…
Every now and then tom comes up with a concoction for leftovers. Spaghetti frittata, or last week we had lots of potatoes onions mushrooms and sweet potatoes so he heated them through and topped hot dogs with them, a variation of Italian Hot dogs, but mostly he tries to cook with no leftovers in mind

I love the Seamans Hat by Myrna Stahman, its a great hat in a pinch.
Bianca said…
Leftovers... am collecting yarn leftovers at the moment. Am planning a new blanket in time
SissySees said…
The Knight doesn't do leftovers. The end.

The hat is lovely. I like the colors!
Marty said…
I had most of a skein of Red Heart burgundy tweed left and made a baby sweater out of it. Don't know why I picked that color, but it turned out really cute and will be even cuter if I can locate the right buttons!
Bianca said…
Just finished a pair of socks with leftover sock yarn. They turned out cute.

Popular posts from this blog

The nearly Thousandth post Contest

Talk to you in the comments Contest

Cookie Sheet Blanket Contest .....