A Square Post



(Don't you love when someone cares enough to find a place to hang a found mitten or glove? I came across this scene the other day . Warmed my heart knowing lots of people do this for others.) (Have you seen one lately? )

About the squares. I am knitting noro 4 inch squares right now. I want to seam and knit them into the " page 81 baby booties pattern. " I need to work on my seams. This will certainly force me to do so.

I like knitting squares. Simple. Garter. I discovered I really cannot know it is a square until I measaure it. Everytime I think it is square, it measures not so. So, I can't trust my eyes!

I will share my favorite Squares recipe:

This is a recipe from Nestle. Raspberry Chocolate Chip Squares

crust:
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup stick butter or stick margarine

Topping
2/3 C. flour
1/2 C chopped pecans
1/3 cup brown sugar
6 Tblspn softened butter
1/2 cup raspberry jam
2 Cups toll house morsels

For the crust:
Combine flour and sugar.
Cut in butter until mix is coarse crumbs
Press into bottom of greased 9x9 pan
Bake at 375 for 18 to 22 minutes

For topping:
Mix flour, pecans, and brown sugar
Cut in butter until crumbly

First:
Spread the jam over the hot crust.
Then
Sprinkle topping over jam and
sprinkle chocolate chips over that.

Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes.

Great semisweet chocolate and raspberry mix of flavors.


I talk more in the comments!

Comments

Katherine said…
I made Rice Krispie squares last week and decided to get fancy and throw in some dark chocolate chips. Not too bad! I'll try your recipe. Thanks!

If I had lost the mitten on the pole I would never be able to remember where I might have lost it--until I was driving by a month later. That's so nice for someone to do that!
Beth said…
Your recipe sounds delicious!
SissySees said…
Oh man... I might have to go make those if I have raspberry jam...
Karen said…
Thanks for the recipe. Raspberry and chocolate together are my husband's favorite dessert combination!
Grace said…
just today in fact at the Westchester an upscale mall in White pLains, a lovely black herringbone glove was tacked to a board at the valet parking desk!!! (we were only there for lunch not for shopping---we don't do much upscale)
Sarah Glova said…
that's such a sweet picture! hope the little guy finds its owner :)

squares sound sooooo good!!
Sue said…
Those sound really good and chocolate/raspberry is Rob's favorite combination.

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???