Socks it is....



When you give my friend Karen the Wee TIny Sock pattern, a few days later she shows you this. She cut the top of the Folger's lid to make her sock shapers. She's clever that way. So I'm on a sock streak.....

There is nothing that brings my confidence back like socks. They are also lightweight and portable. No arm pain. I knitting a simple pair with corn fibre that I traded for awhile back. I am keeping up my promise, and I can blog because I am still on task.

Fireman has been painting the famiy room walls. Yesterday he said, "I hate leftover paint. I have old paint in the basement that we will never use again. " I used this moment to try to relate. "I hate leftover yarn too. I have tons of it. I like a project to end with next to no yarn left."

That is another great thing about socks. You usually don't end up with much yarn leftover.

Tomorrow: Al adopted a kitty from our shelter today. Wait until you see him.
I talk more in the comments!

Comments

Jennifer said…
Yeah! Mini knitting. Please don't overdo it though, those tiny needles can cause body pain quicker than you can say "M-A-S-S-A-G-E". Love the idea of using coffee can lids as sock blockers. Brilliant.
Wee tiny socks are my thing check out my project page http://www.ravelry.com/projects/KnottyKnitter40
Your wee tiny socks are really cute.Hugs Darcy
Beth said…
Great! For me, sock knitting is not relaxing. :)
Katherine said…
I hate all those leftover bits and pieces of yarn too. I don't know what to do with them because I am also no fond of knitting those cute little socks. The coffee lid blockers is a great idea though!

I'm looking forward to the new little kitty.
SissySees said…
Cute!! I love me a wee tiny sock... I should knit some again!

Can't wait for kitty pictures!
Celia said…
How sweet!!
Nancy said…
Love the mini socks!

I am on a mission to use all of my scrap yarn before I start another project. Yeah, like that is going to happen, but a girl can dream, right?
Anonymous said…
she didn't knit those socks thats what happens to all the socks you lose from the washer to the dryer.
Grace said…
I actually knit 2 of these Thats enough for now!!!

But everyone who sends me one, it gets put on my littler tree!!! HinT Hint
Karezybear said…
Thing one - Lesley, you know I knitted them and probably faster than you could shrink them in the wash. Hahaha. Grace, I got the hint I'd be happy to send you one:)
Karen
Sue said…
I love those wee socks. I think I may have to make some soon.
Anonymous said…
no one shrinks anything faster then i do not that i necessarily knit everything i shrink but i can shrink and felt or fluff
ACraftyKnitter said…
While I don't like having yarn remnants left over and nothing to do with them, I also don't like it when a project cuts it so close that there's almost nothing left- for those last few rows, I nearly get an ulcer from worry that I'll run out.

I've heard of people that will get a pretty bowl and display the small balls of yarn leftovers in it for decoration.

Popular posts from this blog

The nearly Thousandth post Contest

Talk to you in the comments Contest

Cookie Sheet Blanket Contest .....