If you can stand one more post about the Ruffled Shawl




Oh consider yourself very nice.

As you can see the Ruffle Shawl is a misnomer. There aint no ruffle no more!

I simply couldn't bear to repeat the ruffle on the other side.

I crocheted a simple edge and wove in ends. It is simple.

I showed it to Fireman and he said,

"Oh I liked the ruffle, why didn't you put one on the other side?"

I did not respond.

If Fireman regularly read the blog, he would know by now that I was grieving
and I couldn't bear it.

My sister Deb is modeling it for me to show you.

I am delighted to give it to my Mentor next week.

She's not a ruffly woman anyhow.




I'll talk to you in the comments. :)

Comments

me said…
beautiful! Lovely! Amazing! You did a great job on this - and a ruffle would have looked to fussy, as I think it is perfect just this way!
Beautiful with the fall leaves as a backdrop - your mentor will be thrilled & speechless! Way to Go!!!
Grace said…
perfect the way you did it, and you get the credit for putting your own stamp on it. I think its lovely
Patt said…
men!
Katherine said…
It's a beautiful shawl! It's lovely, warm and cozy just the way it is. The ruffles would just get in the way!! You are not alone, the one shortcoming of my knitting life has been not to do what makes me unhappy--like SHORT ROWS!
Sue said…
It's very nice ruffled or un.

I mailed the blankies out this morning. You should have them Saturday or Monday. Please let me know that they arrived safely.
Sylvia said…
I love it and I am certain she will too since it was clearly made with love.

My blanket is in the mail too.
Marguerite said…
What do men know about ruffles? I like it the way you finished it. It looks great. And warm. And full of knitted love.
Bianca said…
The shawl is beautiful!
I like the crochet thing you got going on it. Doesn't really need a ruffle. I always say, "Knitting loves crochet" ...

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???