The winner is and other things




Well the winner of the contest is Tom . But I don't think Tom wants a yarn bag that is blue? Do you Tom? You let me know! More on this later. Congratulations Tom for knowing the Frugal Hungarian's nature!

Other things:

It's really summer this weekend. HEAT HUMIDITY. and BREEZES that are so appreciated you want to lean back and sigh every time a breeze passes over you. So in keeping with this I am showing you two motorcycle images of this summer. I do not ride a motorcycle but I think it would be so fun. Don't worry, this woman won't even ride in the car without her seatbelt and cannot get on a horse without a panic, so I never will ride a motorcycle.

But, they are interesting to me. The little is a Honda from the 60s that a friend finally got around to reviving. I think it is so cute with it's blue color. I could have it for a song. But, that's a lot of yarn.......

The other image Zach took with his artistic eye, at a garbage heap we walked past on vacation. I love the image. Not the garbage, or the dump, but the way the vines grew around it anyhow. I like the bit of red you can see.

So just because you never know what I'll post, and I knew you wouldnt mind: there are the motorcycles of my 49th summer!


I'll talk to you in the comments. :)

Comments

Turtle said…
gotta love a good bike! congrats tom
Katherine said…
Firemen usually always need another good bag to carry all their junk in! You could even embroider his name on it.

I love the artsy photos and I know what you mean--I am fascinated by bikes but would never ride one. DS (my fireman) rides a big one and I worry about him all the time!
Unknown said…
Congrats, Tom!

Very cool bike.
Beverly said…
The first bike looks like it could use a loving restoration. The second one is beautiful.

By the way, I bought a 320 GB Seagate external hard drive from Office Depot for about 80 bucks. I was going to have to redo my laptop. I love it.
Anonymous said…
We have the heat, the humidity, but no breeze!

Makes it really hard to knit wool!
Unknown said…
I can't believe I won.

Well the reason I know how tough it is to guess the right yarn for someone is because I've tried to do it (not entirely successfully)! My wife is a knitter too and would love it. As a matter of fact, she's one of your regulars.

I'll send you e-mail next and maybe you'll recognize the name :-)

Thanks so much for a fun contest. In fact she sent me over to answer the photo saving question.

Popular posts from this blog

The nearly Thousandth post Contest

Talk to you in the comments Contest

Cookie Sheet Blanket Contest .....