Book Review by ME!



This book is perfect for me. Having been inspired by friend's Carol and Karen, I began knitting a prayer shawl. I'm hooked.
I don't believe in coincidence you know, so I do believe they and this new knitting direction was Divine intervention!
I am strangely serene with this form of knitting.

Perhaps it comes from the past. I had a yellow blanket for securty until I was five. My well meaning NANA paid me 5 dollars to give it to the garbage man. I've regretted it ever since....

This is a great book.
Patterns a pretty straightforward, rhythmic and relaxing work.
The Photographs are lovely.
Lots of good yarn ideas for me.
I love to see something knit up Large so I can really examine it.
Some big needle projects!
I'm so over sock yarns .........

This book has me conisdering the following yarns:

Alchemy Yarns Synchronicity
and
Alchemy Yarns Wabi Sabi
(have you?)

One of the shawl patterns includes a pocket:
The Calming Shawl by Jodi Lewanda

Marian McKittrach's Cornerstone Shawl
calls for size 15 needles
That could really move!

When I am ready for twisting again,
the Reversible Cable Shawl is tempting me.

I do love mosaic slip knitting:
Butterflies in Threes by Esterh Paris will do the trick

Carri Hammett's Lap Robe is going to be
a gift for my father.
My mother's house is as cold as a meat locker
He is always freezing.
I think he will love that it will be knit for him,
because his mom was a knitter.

So that is what I am reading, and I am only half way
through the book.

The pictures alone amaze me.

Two big thumbs up!





I'll talk to you in the comments. :)

Comments

I just gave a clapotis to my friend who has cancer I prayed over it as I drove home for a visit she loves it.Hugs Darcy
Grace said…
thanks for the review on the book , I don't have it and would like to get it!
Ling said…
I've not seen the book before, I shall have a look for it. I'd like to make a prayer shawl too!
Anonymous said…
what a great looking book and now on line you can get prayer shawl cards that say just the right things for you when you give them.
Katherine said…
Looks like a great book and prayer shawl knitting is so relaxing and spiritual I wonder why we don't all do it more.

I love Synchronicity!
Bianca said…
Good to read that you find comfort in this book. :-)
Esther Paris said…
I hope you show photos when you do the Butterflies in Threes shawl. :-)
Esther Paris

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???